Ds3 150 thp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 150 thp

At present I have a Peugeot 207 GT which has the 150 THP engine. I have been 100% satisfied with the Peugeot but I am due to change it in April. I quite like the look of the DS3 DSport but my local garage did not have one available to take out for a test drive so I took out a 120 BHP instead and to be quite honest I was not overly impressed (sorry). I would therefore like the views of DSport owners on their levels of satisfaction with their cars. I have of course read all of the rave reviews but couild find very little on owners comments, which are the ones that really count.

I Dont Own The THP... But Im Sure Its A lil Better Than The 120... :L

Comment

I have been using a 150THP for a while as a company car, a friend of mine works for a Peugeot dealer and thinks the engine seems to pull alot more in DS3 and was impressed. We have one here (Worleys Garage, High Wycombe) if you wanted a test drive!

Comment

Hi GJC, welcome aboard!

There are plenty of glowing testimonials on here from happy THP owners, if you browse through the threads.

I wrote a review of my experiences with the THP back in the autumn - I'll see if I can dig out the thread.

Comment

Thanks to the three of you that gave gave me some feedback. I was expecting to be deluged with responses about how good the DSport was but this proved not to be the case. My local dealer is attempting to get hold of one for me to test drive locally (thanks for your offer Keith, but HW is quite away from me).

Comment

Opinions differ GJC. I own the THP and absolutely love it, especially with the remap.

I'm sure you won't need our opinions to persuade you into buying one, that's what the test drive is there for
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

The THP is a cracking car. Had a couple of minor niggles with it but all relating to build quality. Mechanically mine has been bulletproof so far. I would definately consider the remap as it transforms an already good car into a great one!

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                Thanks to the three of you that gave gave me some feedback. I was expecting to be deluged with responses about how good the DSport was but this proved not to be the case.
                They're All More Than Likely Out Driving Theirs !

Hence The Low Response Number :L

Comment

Only had mine since Tuesday, but can highly recommend it, really nice car to drive, haven't even properly pushed it yet and the pull on it is great.

But I'm sure the test drive will show you that anyway
                  White/Black
                  1.6 THP

Comment

I've had my THP for 3 months now and I love it to bits. It's got impeccable road manners when driving day-to-day; the level of refinement is superb. The fun starts when you get onto a B road and give it the beans. The chassis is excellent, giving you confidence in the corners but not so harsh that you need major spinal surgery after a long drive (I'm looking at you Mini Cooper S). The engine is pretty torquey even at low revs and pulls away really smoothly. Push it a bit harder, at 3000-5000 rpm, and it won't fail to put a smile on your face. My only minor quibble is that the gearing is a bit too long; accelerating on a motorway in 6th can seem a bit sluggish at times. The remap is definitely on my shopping list this year.

Comment

If u luv it now Andy boy your goin to be impressed with a remap lol

Clarky highly recommends it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
                        If u luv it now Andy boy your goin to be impressed with a remap lol

Clarky highly recommends it.
                        Clarky, how does the chassis cope with the extra power from the remap? I don't want it to be an animal all the time, just when I feel like it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy150 View Post
                          Clarky, how does the chassis cope with the extra power from the remap? I don't want it to be an animal all the time, just when I feel like it :-)
                          It copes just fine Andy,

Viezu have taken into account all this and the set up is perfect....In my opinion it enhances the DS3 so much more....Better handling.....much more responsive.....Better fuel economy....Most of all power is there when u want it.

I was scepticle about having mine remapped for obvious reasons....For me remapping is now an absolute MUST HAVE !!!.

When i first had it done to be honest i didn't notice much change....Until the cache was cleared from the ECU.... When it cleared after putting a few miles on the clock was when i noticed the big difference.

If u speak to Dave (Flashremapping) about it i'm sure he could run you through the technicles about it.

Hope this helps Clarky.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                            At present I have a Peugeot 207 GT which has the 150 THP engine. I have been 100% satisfied with the Peugeot but I am due to change it in April. I quite like the look of the DS3 DSport but my local garage did not have one available to take out for a test drive so I took out a 120 BHP instead and to be quite honest I was not overly impressed (sorry). I would therefore like the views of DSport owners on their levels of satisfaction with their cars. I have of course read all of the rave reviews but couild find very little on owners comments, which are the ones that really count.
                            Hello GJC,

before I bought te THP I was fortunate to testdrive the 120 BHP first and a week later the THP.

I came from a 110 BHP C4 coupe, so the 120 DS3 was a sigh of releif because t was, for my experience, a lot faster than my C4.
                            But when I got into he THP a new world opend for me.
                            What a power and agility his car gives.
                            Even when you don't do the remap it is a very fast car indeed.

You cannot compare it to the 207 by a long shot.
                            The 207 is just slower than the THP, alltough the theoretical numbers don't say so.

And there is that little thing that is the gearbox, its a very good 6-gear one, it gives so much more fun
                            to go through the gears.

Hope it helps you a little bit in your decision.
                            *** I suffer from A.D.I.D.A.S. ; All day I dream about s*x ***

Comment

I testdrove 120hp VTI. Its not bad, but THP is MUCH better if you want to enjoy driving. I had it remaped and it is almost as fast as my alfa GTA now. If you buy DS3 than THP engine is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X