Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust upgrade

Hey,

anyone has a clue how much difference it makes performancewise to upgrade the exhaust on Racing? I would imagine it breathes better than the standard THP, but... :confused:
    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
    sigpic

I've heard it's 10-11 BHP gain on a standard THP 155. I would guess maybe similar?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yeah I'd agree with Beefy, I'm sure Chris_Blue quoted that figure when he's changed his on the THP.
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, not sure if it will do the same for Racing as it is already so highly tuned?
        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
          Ok, not sure if it will do the same for Racing as it is already so highly tuned?
          Yup,

I saw about a 10-11BHP increase with my decat alone. Jamie was able to Dyno it before and after and then with NOS
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Got about 3BHP with upgrading to 63mm exhaust OEM cat back. Lovely noise tho and real quality s/steel exhaust
            Then an additional 8BHP with a sports cat converter

So would take a 154BHP THP to 165BHP. Have the dyno print outs to confirm somewhere.
            Cant see why it wouldnt have the same effect on a Racing, but hey, cant be sure.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Just wondering if I upgrade my stock exhaust completely vs decat is it worth it. I am now running 1.5 bars

sigpic

Comment

My thought process was a bigger bore exhaust and a sports cat, gets all the nasties out the engine quicker, eases back pressure on the Turbo, and it can breathe easier. Had my Turboback on my car within 500 miles or so of new, and 150miles of that was driving to James to get it done
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

The flexi joint is the bottle neck in the system itself...think it only measures around a 53mm bore on the 150/155THP
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I wish Jamie lived closer... Does this apply to Racing too?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                      I am now running 1.5 bars
                      And 300+% load
                      White on red THP
                      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                        And 300+% load
                        Pardon me? Teach me master

sigpic

Comment

thought the pipe OEM THP 150/5 was round 47mm and that even 54mm was an upgrade
                          Not sure OEM pipe of Racing- can you measure Rag?
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                            thought the pipe OEM THP 150/5 was round 47mm and that even 54mm was an upgrade
                            Not sure OEM pipe of Racing- can you measure Rag?
                            Yes you might right Chris, I'll climb up on the roof of the office tomorrow and measure ours again.
                            White on red THP

Comment

LOLOL. Mine was almost up there too from what i recall
                              Magna last week, and Magna next week......nothing for you to tinker with on the car tho (At the moment- next year, the year)
                              Last edited by Chris_Blue; 07-08-2014, 20:10. Reason: spell
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X