No announcement yet.

Remap/Superchip - whats your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap/Superchip - whats your thoughts?

Just picked up a full mongoose exhaust setup on the car, and I've been speaking to a few people locally about maps on the Racing (they own 207 GTi's with similar tune levels and also forged engine setups)

Some people are recommending E-Tuners for a map, others are advising the superchip mod.

Trouble is - what kind of warranty is on the E-tuners software if it goes wrong, anyone up in Scotland or northern England deal with them? I've been sorely tempted to get the Superchip mod, and see what it does with the green filter and exhaust setup on it and maybe crack the 230 bhp mark before fitting the front mount and water injection.

Has anyone got the E-tuners map on, and what would be the safe limit stage of tune on a standard turbo and bottom end before it would be too much? The car doesn't get ragged daily, it gets a good blast now and then, but its still a daily driver.
    2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

How you getting on Neil?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

My map is based on e-tuners map (I am now working on it myself) and for me it has worked fine, Stelios is sometimes difficult to get hold on.

Stage 1 should be fine. However, if you have 1 gen pistons be aware that the are utterly crap and may fail stock or no-stock. It will be easier to fight off Citroen if your car is stock.
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
        My map is based on e-tuners map (I am now working on it myself) and for me it has worked fine, Stelios is sometimes difficult to get hold on.

Stage 1 should be fine. However, if you have 1 gen pistons be aware that the are utterly crap and may fail stock or no-stock. It will be easier to fight off Citroen if your car is stock.
        Since when it gives 2 Gen Pistons? And are this new pistons only for the Racing or also for the normal THP?
        Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
        DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

I think it's after 2012 or something. Should be available for all. At least old Racings have utterly crap pistons, mine failed.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....hlight=pistons
          ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
          sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about going to superchips as they're only 5 minutes from my house. Though I'm tempted to get a SP Tuning remap solely to enjoy the drive back

Glad you posted this thread as I'm unsure which to choose (even though most will recommend SP Tuning lol)
            DS3 Evo Edition
            Sport Red
            E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
            Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
              I was thinking about going to superchips as they're only 5 minutes from my house. Though I'm tempted to get a SP Tuning remap solely to enjoy the drive back

Glad you posted this thread as I'm unsure which to choose (even though most will recommend SP Tuning lol)
              You should go see Jamie, he is extremely skilled and on top of that also very nice

sigpic

Comment

SP Tuning - no competition and deffo worth the drive
                sigpic

Comment

Jamies great- and he's 300 mile round trip from me, and he's done a few things with my DS3's
                  Can only forsee problems if you need to go back and get the map put back on... and if that happens several times, could see it would start getting heavy on the fuel (and time) costs
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post

Break up the trip. It's definitely worth the visit to Jamie.

If you need, we've always got a spare room that you can use on the way there and back
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I went to see Jamie last week and I'm very impressed with the work and result! Well worth the 5 hour each way trip. I did 2 days in a row too! About 4.5hrs each way so thats.... 18 hours in 2 days. WORTH IT

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                      Break up the trip. It's definitely worth the visit to Jamie.

If you need, we've always got a spare room that you can use on the way there and back
                      You mean the club office? :P
                      Last edited by XanderCage13; 14-01-2015, 20:16.
                      Aka:
                      Alex

:ds3:
                      Blue Phoenix
                      DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Working...
                      X