Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smell of Petrol through Air Conditioning

Hi all,

Just after some of your thoughts on what hopefully is a minor issue.

I am still driving around happily in my DS3 Racing but in the last few days have had, sometimes quite a strong, smell of petrol coming through the Air Conditioning. When you then have a whiff under the bonnet you can definitely smell the fuel.

I have Citroen Assistance on it so had a visit from a nice AA Technician who found no fault codes or unusual pressure. He could only agree that there was a smell. He said there could be a possibility of it over-fueling, but that would be because it is cold.

From here I then contacted my local dealer - who I have always taken my Racing to - but because I now have EXTENDED Warranty, they want up to £89.99 just for diagnostics before contacting Citroen.

I have noticed no hesitation, power loss or noticed anything wrong with the way it drives.

It has been really cold here in Suffolk the past few days so am thinking of just holding off and seeing if it clears up after a run to London and back on Monday. Give the engine a chance to warm up and have a good run.

Has anyone had a similar problem in their DS3? Any other thoughts?

Fuel I use is BP Ultimate and car has done around 17,500 miles.

Even if as cold as hell but not should not smell fuel. And if you smell it it is there somewhere and a big fire hazard. Please get it looked at don't want to see you or your car in the news burning on the side of the motorway!
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

The smell of fuel shouldn't be present in the cabin. The only time this happened with mine was when I split the fuel line to connect my NOS kit. Quickly noticed and secured it with a few more jubilee's.

Have you tried any other local auto-shops to see if they can diagnose it for a cheaper price? If that's not an option, I'd suggest spending that £90 on the safety of you and your passengers
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I definitely agree with the above, please get it checked. It has indeed been bloomin' freezing here in Suffolk, but I have never smelt petrol fumes inside the car.

Which dealership said about the cost? Have you tried John Grose in Ipswich?
        2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Just got car back. Turned out the seal on Injector 1 was leaking. Set me back £170 in 2 hours of diagnostics with just over £400 of repairs done under extended warranty. All seals replaced and no smell of fuel.

Comment

Great news (that it's fixed) shame about the cost though
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danieljnewman View Post
              Just got car back. Turned out the seal on Injector 1 was leaking. Set me back £170 in 2 hours of diagnostics with just over £400 of repairs done under extended warranty. All seals replaced and no smell of fuel.
              Extended warranty a blessing then
              That how they work- customer pays for fault identification, then warranty pays for repairs?
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Excellent, glad it is now identified and fixed.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I thought you'd only have to pay for the diagnosis if it turned out the problem wasn't covered by the warranty. But then, what do I know?
                  Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

I love the smell of petrol. Definitely a plus.
                    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                    Third time around.
                    Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
                      I love the smell of petrol. Definitely a plus.
                      Why weren't you at Krispy Kreme last weekend?
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Why were they giving our petrol samples? Also I didn't get an invite....
                        sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                        Third time around.
                        Work in Progress

Comment

Working...
                        X