Turbo Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Noise

I've never owned a car with a turbo before, so I'm not entirely sure on what is or isn't normal.
    I know some cars can have a lot of turbo noise when you take your foot off the accelerator or change gear; but I assumed that was due to a dump valve or something also being fitted.

I've never heard my turbo make these noises before. I only had it serviced last month, and I'm wondering is it normal, or is it the beginning of something?

Have you got a recording of the noise? It's hard to say whether it's normal without hearing it
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yeah definitely need a video. Mine made the standard spooling noise when the turbo kicks in but as I said drop a video on here.

Comment

My normal THP155 (100% Stock) make Turbo Noise when I drive with full throttle and then suddenly release the throttle at 3.500 or more RPM.
        Last edited by Shiro; 08-05-2015, 19:42.
        Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
        DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

They have to remove the turbo intake pipe to change the oil filter, just check all is still attached and fitted properly.
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

...I'd go with that one! Had that several times - right back to my BX days.

Comment

Took it back the the garage, they had a look and said it's supposed to sound like that - it had just been clogged (or something) before

Comment

Working...
              X