DS3r second recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3r second recall

So I just got the paperwork on the second recall for my DS3r (the first one being for the ignition coils) and wondered if anyone had any idea what the effects of the new ECU firmware will be? I actually debated putting it on a dyno before and after to see if their fix loses me anything, but I suspect I won't bother...

BTW other than an ignition coil dying I've been happy with mine (okay, I really don't like the long first gear). Especially now the cost of Super Unleaded has come down a bit. Owned since Mar 2011 - I know my Avatar pic is from Feb for any keen Googlers, but I didn't actually take the car away from the dealer until March with an 11 plate.

(Edit) Actually I do remember very very rare small dips in power when accelerating hard (just one per occasion, circa 50% up the rev range, and it did keep accelerating) and so maybe a tweak would be nice. I wasn't sure if it was the Turbo or the cylinders. I literally can't remember when the last one happened, but was a while back and I've had like 4-5 total.

Booked in for Tuesday...

P.S. the recall code is NLB.
    Last edited by dr_jon; 01-08-2015, 13:51.

Ok, can you report back and let us know if there's any difference ?
    sigpic

Comment

I've had it done and first impressions are it's no different. I'll have to drive it for a while to have a firmer opinion. Took about an hour while I waited (well, went down the nearby shops, had a coffee and bought a couple of things).

Comment

Working...
      X