Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3 Racing | Fault Codes | Can anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Racing | Fault Codes | Can anyone help?

So today I had my car at a Citoren Dealer, we thought we give it a shot before stripping it down as my father still thinks the Piston didn't break... Hope he's right...

And it's throwing Code: P1338,

Can anyone tell me what that is, as apparently Citoren needs to contact their main dealer for this and they said it would take up to a week for that to bepossible :Joni: (Long story about dealers here as we are a new country and thing don't go how they should....)

I've seen Code: P1337 is a Cylinder 1 Misfire, so is it safe to guess that this is Cylinder 2 Misfire?

I will be posting some other Codes here as I get them from Citoren, but they are currently fixing their VGA Cable :bow:

Thank You very much in advance,
    Albi
    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Codes are as following...

List 1:

P1385 Super knock detection
    P2336 Super knock detection : cylinder 1
    P2337 Super knock detevtion : cylinder 2
    P2626 Upstream oxygen sensor pump current signal fault
    P0420 Fault catalytic converter ageing
    P2338 Super knock detection : cylinder 3
    P2339 Super knock detection : cylinder 4
    P0139 Downstream oxygen sensor signal fault
    P0352 Fault cylinder 2 misfiring
    P1338 Combustion misfiring on cylinder 2 fault
    P1340 Combustion misfiring on cylinder 4 fault
    P1337 Combustion misfiring on cylinder 1 fault
    P1339 Combustion misfiring on cylinder 3 fault

List 2:

P.S They are refusing to do the NLB Recall, as they say they can do it only under warranty...

Any help would be more than appreciated
    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Just guessing:

carbonized valves, failed plugs or coils, or fuel pump which may have caused detonation.

If the car idles crappy and low cylinder compression, then there is a leak somewhere.

If the exhaust smells like oil -> piston failure, if it smells sweet (coolant) could be blown headgasket.
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

I had quite a lot of fault codes like these 4 month ago, and was HPFP and ECU needed changing
        Also plugs were changed
        Took them 2 weeks to diagnose
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sorry to hear this, how old is your Racing Albi ?
          sigpic

Comment

@Ragnarok Carbonized valves and failed piston...

@Chris_Blue He said it was because the engine was driven that way to the garage, when he erased them only the P1338 came back again, so yeah Piston Party

@lfcrule1972 it's 08.2012, but the car was not driven for almost a year and it has 12k on it

Comment

What are your opinions about Wiseco Pistons or Wossner Pistons, as these two are the ones and can get hold of more easily...

Comment

Some additional information about the Pistons:

Wiseco Pistons:
                Bore: 77,0mm

Stroke: 85,8mm

Rod length: 138,5mm

Pin diameter: 20mm

Comp height: 28,5mm

Comp ratio: 9,8:1

Wossner Pistons:

Bore: 77,0mm

Stroke: 85,8mm

Rod length: 138,5mm

Pin diameter: 20mm

Comp height: 28,5mm

Comp ratio: 10.5:1

The only difference is Compression Ratio, so will this make noticable difference in power of the engine as Racing originally has 11:1 and to get it down to 9.8:1, wouldn't that be too much?

Comment

Depends on how much boost you want to push. If I remember you were in the 245ish PS range. If your looking to stay around there (+-)I would go with the slightly lower Wossner pistons. But if want to push closer to 300+ would drop to the 9.8:1
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                    Depends on how much boost you want to push. If I remember you were in the 245ish PS range. If your looking to stay around there (+-)I would go with the slightly lower Wossner pistons. But if want to push closer to 300+ would drop to the 9.8:1
                    Cyclone seems to know what he is talking about.

Original matter, sorry to hear mate. However every Racing will face this fate at some point.
                    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank You very much Cyclone and Ragnarok for your help, and thank to everyone who at least tried to make me feel better :Joni:

I've been a while for a week or so as I had to go throgh a small surgery which is all well now

I do need to ask you guys one more last thing:

As I do live in a f-up country, It dosent seem I can have Pistons delivered here from any company But I do have a friend in London willing to buy and send them to me :bow:

Can anyone suggest any store in UK where he can physically go and buy Forged Pistons (Wössner or Wiseco) for me ?

P.S. I did find this adress online of PEC Automotive (Performance Engine Components, Unit 6 Allshots Enterprise Court, Woodhouse Lane, Kelvedon, Essex, CO5 9DF VAT No. 915 3777 07) is this a valid adress where he can physically go and buy them?

Thank You very much again,

Albi

Comment

It looks like you can, if I were you I'd email them and ask before sending your friend over - sales@performanceenginecomponents.com
                        sigpic

Comment

I've been emailing them and the Engine Dynamics Store (www.engine-dynamics.co.uk) and Forged Pistons (www.forged-pistons.co.uk) for 3 days but neither seem to answer, so I asked you guys if they are Physical or just Online shops...?

Comment

Originally posted by albish View Post
                            Codes are as following...

List 1:

P1385 Super knock detection
                            P2336 Super knock detection : cylinder 1
                            P2337 Super knock detevtion : cylinder 2
                            P2626 Upstream oxygen sensor pump current signal fault
                            P0420 Fault catalytic converter ageing
                            P2338 Super knock detection : cylinder 3
                            P2339 Super knock detection : cylinder 4
                            P0139 Downstream oxygen sensor signal fault
                            P0352 Fault cylinder 2 misfiring
                            P1340 Combustion misfiring on cylinder 4 fault
                            P1337 Combustion misfiring on cylinder 1 fault
                            P1339 Combustion misfiring on cylinder 3 fault

List 2:

P.S They are refusing to do the NLB Recall, as they say they can do it only under warranty...

Any help would be more than appreciated
                            Did you change the oxygen sensor ? bcuz i have the same code (P0139) also (P0140)

(0054-0074) does any one know anything about there codes ?

Comment

All 4 cylinders....I'd first check fuel pressure.
                              White on red THP
                              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                              X