Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airect / Forge Intercooler

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has has an Airtec intercooler fitted to their DS3? Only reason I ask is because the price is 1/2 of what the Forge one is?

Does it still do the same / better job than the Forge?

Thanks in advance

Search is your friend

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ghlight=airtec

I fitted one of these to a THP, what a headache, I had to modify the brackets and then cut away a lot of the bumpers plastic to get the bumper to go back on right.
    Don't know if anyone else has had this trouble.
    On the dyno the intake air temps definitely recover much sooner. So at least it made some difference.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen
      Revoked
      Don't get upset just because you didn't receive the answer you wanted.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Airtec sorry, mis-spelt. I want to stick with forge stuff cause that's what I've got on my car with Induction Kit and soon to be catch can and alloy boost pipes. Its just so expensive! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mikie96
          Why does it just say revoked for mjogreens comments?
          If you check the post I linked to, the original poster in that thread went and removed all of his comments for some peculiar reason.

MJO was just trying to be funny
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Oh I see haha :P

Wonder why he removed them all?

Comment

Maybe it was all a lot of hot Airtec! Can we all Forge an alliance!?
              LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

The Airtec IC is a bit smaller than the Forge Intercooler, but if you want just a mild tuning it would be completly ok to use the Airtec one
                Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

So the Airtec is troublesome to fit from what JamieSP said? Does the Forge just bolt straight on?

Comment

I had Forge IC a year ago, but when I took it off for the engine rebuild it got stolen from my yard... although there is NO DS3 in my country, wonder where he gonna use it...

Anyway, now I'm looking at the RCZ R Intercooler, i've seen (german forum) DS3's with big turbos using it and reporting that is very efficient, plus 400 Eur cheaper so that's a plus WMI Kit and get those intake temps freezing
                    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
                      The Airtec IC is a bit smaller than the Forge Intercooler, but if you want just a mild tuning it would be completly ok to use the Airtec one
                      In the world of Intercoolers, size is not important or indeed efficient, efficiency is key, thermal exchange rate, not volume.

Originally posted by albish View Post
                      I had Forge IC a year ago, but when I took it off for the engine rebuild it got stolen from my yard... although there is NO DS3 in my country, wonder where he gonna use it...

Anyway, now I'm looking at the RCZ R Intercooler, i've seen (german forum) DS3's with big turbos using it and reporting that is very efficient, plus 400 Eur cheaper so that's a plus WMI Kit and get those intake temps freezing
                      The key for cooler air intake temperatures for optimum performance, is to ensure the air/pressure temperature sensor located in the pipework before the throttle body, reads sub 38c air temperatures, allowing the return of lost power from timing retardation due to high air intake temperatures, it is a myth, that larger or more efficient Intercoolers ADD hp, they do NOT, they simply allow the regain of lost (reduced) power from ECU timing retardation.

Spraying water/meth will certainly help in reducing the intake air temperatures, however, remember, positioning and nozzle size is crucial, ideally you want to be positioning the nozzle just after the air exits the Intercooler, and the nozzle rated size needs to be as small as possible, with a high pressure pump. the greater the pressure with the smallest nozzle rated size, will be far more efficient at atomising the mix of water/meth % if you want to further gain from spraying water/meth, a second line into the base of the inlet manifold would be of benefit gain, not only from reducing engine knock from poor low octane rated fuel, the atomised mix of water/meth will act as a wash over the inlet valves, with added benefit of super heated steam too!!
                      Performance Powered By Thought
                      Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Have I missed something?
                        White on red THP
                        Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post

In the world of Intercoolers, size is not important or indeed efficient, efficiency is key, thermal exchange rate, not volume.

The key for cooler air intake temperatures for optimum performance, is to ensure the air/pressure temperature sensor located in the pipework before the throttle body, reads sub 38c air temperatures, allowing the return of lost power from timing retardation due to high air intake temperatures, it is a myth, that larger or more efficient Intercoolers ADD hp, they do NOT, they simply allow the regain of lost (reduced) power from ECU timing retardation.

Spraying water/meth will certainly help in reducing the intake air temperatures, however, remember, positioning and nozzle size is crucial, ideally you want to be positioning the nozzle just after the air exits the Intercooler, and the nozzle rated size needs to be as small as possible, with a high pressure pump. the greater the pressure with the smallest nozzle rated size, will be far more efficient at atomising the mix of water/meth % if you want to further gain from spraying water/meth, a second line into the base of the inlet manifold would be of benefit gain, not only from reducing engine knock from poor low octane rated fuel, the atomised mix of water/meth will act as a wash over the inlet valves, with added benefit of super heated steam too!!
                          Thank You very much for your advice and very good explanation

After doing a bit of research too, I've deiced not to 'depend' the car performance on the WMI as I dont trust the kit that much, but I'm having two maps, one with 'full benefits' of WMI, and the other one for daily driving just for using the benefits you mentioned, cooler air and valve cleaning

And I'm also discussing wether i should use the second nossle into the manifold as I can't buy methanol in my country, and im forced to use windshield washer, and im a bit worried about injecting it directly into the manifold...
                          DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Is the FMIC group buy thread still alive? Cant seem to find it and still would be interested to join
                            http://www.autoweek.nl/verbruik/13739/citroen-ds3-e-hdi-90-so-chic-2011

Comment

Originally posted by albish View Post
                              I can't buy methanol in my country
                              You could always try making your own..
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X