Gear box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear box

What do you guys reckon the max BHP the standar gearbox will cope with??

220-230 BHP before you need an uprated clutch IIRC.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by kermit View Post
      What do you guys reckon the max BHP the standar gearbox will cope with??
      I see that you have a Racing and in terms of Clutch mine was okay with 250hp/360nm for almost 1 and a half year, then I switched to eTuners remap which I think its a bit more than that, still didnt do a dyno, for almost 6 months, to give up life, just last week (you can check my thread)...

Cheers
      Last edited by albish; 18-07-2016, 20:16.
      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
        220-230 BHP before you need an uprated clutch IIRC.
        Mine went well below that, not long after i hit 200bhp and it was slipping, had it replaced with an uprated Sachs clutch, been fine since then.

Comment

It's not about HP, it's about Torque :rolleyes:
          Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
          DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
            It's not about HP, it's about Torque :rolleyes:
            Ok, but torques are boring and nobody actually cares about them except diesel drivers when trying to justify their purchase.

So my clutch was fine when it had a standard number of torques but after some magical jiggery pokery added some more, the clutch started to slip.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
              Ok, but torques are boring and nobody actually cares about them except diesel drivers when trying to justify their purchase.
              Dont quite agree that nobody cares about torque... but the rest of the quote made me laugh

Mine was running at just over 200 BHP and the clutch was ok, but know others that were rinnung at 204, and 207 who had problems with clutch.
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

"And how many torques does it have" - said no new car buyer ever.

Comment

on the contrary I asked for the torque figure before ordering my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan79 View Post
                    on the contrary I asked for the torque figure before ordering my car.
                    ha ha ha ha, and if a tartan blanket for the parcel shelf is an optional extra.

Comment

Actually a Ford saleman at a dealership once said " It`s got quite a torquey little engine" about a Ford KA duratec engine....I kid you not!
                      LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

ha ha ha ha, and if a tartan blanket for the parcel shelf is an optional extra.
                        the torque value wasn't the decision-making basis for the engine but out of curiosity I wanted to know.

Comment

So my clutch was fine when it had a standard number of torques but after some magical jiggery pokery added some more, the clutch started to slip.
                          Torque is the part which makes more fun because you can feel it

And Torque is very important today. My father had the VTi 120 and bought now a eTHP 130. Just 10 HP more, but much better drive because of the torque (160NM @ 4200 RPM vs. 230NM @ 1750 RPM)
                          Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                          DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                            Actually a Ford saleman at a dealership once said " It`s got quite a torquey little engine" about a Ford KA duratec engine....I kid you not!
                            you should have asked him to explain torques, then watched him break into a sweat.

Originally posted by Jan79 View Post
                            the torque value wasn't the decision-making basis for the engine but out of curiosity I wanted to know.
                            When we moved into our new house a few of the neighbours popped over, one of them called Kenneth (should have been an indicator) upon seeing my car asked about torques. I didn't invite him to the house warming and i've not spoken to him since.

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
                            Torque is the part which makes more fun because you can feel it

And Torque is very important today. My father had the VTi 120 and bought now a eTHP 130. Just 10 HP more, but much better drive because of the torque (160NM @ 4200 RPM vs. 230NM @ 1750 RPM)
                            If you own a caravan, a baby choking diesel car, wear beige slacks made of Rayon or enjoy listening to Phil Collins then yes i agree, torques may be your thing.

Comment

Mine went well below that, not long after i hit 200bhp and it was slipping, had it replaced with an uprated Sachs clutch, been fine since then.
                              Sorry to get back on topic :P pretty certain that the racing has an different clutch to the thp, hence your experience and the other numbers being thrown around differing.

Comment

Working...
                              X