Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody else had a conrod go throught the block!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody else had a conrod go throught the block!

Hi,

Just wondered if the above had happened to anyone?

not in my DS3. But my old Saxo diesel had at a special occasion sucked in a large amount of water what resulted in a bend conrod, what we learned later when it broke and went through the block.

Comment

Do you know why it sucked in a load water?

My ds3 still has it's water unit filled up :-)

The warranty company want my to provide a full strip down at a cost of £750 to show what caused the damage. (If this does)

They started off saying it was the typical Citroen valve issue, which had caused it, now they are looking at the big ends / shells etc

Comment

I had to go through a flooded underpass and hit a pot hole under water. At this very moment my bow wave came back to me and flooded the whole air intake.
        Later while we tried to revive the engine the bend conrod decided to search for a little freedom outside the engine.
        I replaced the whole engine with a used one frome a peugeot.

Why do they want to strip the whole engine? If there is a hole in the block you need a replacement. The dissection can be done once the destroyed engine is out.

I don't know what engine you need but for 750 you might be able to find an used engine as replacement. Mine replacement was about 550 €.

Comment

That's interesting do Peugeot/ Citroen Etc still do second hand engines? - As I could still possibly do with one for my ds3-r :-)

Cheers.

Comment

The engine for my Saxo came from a peugeot not from Peugeot as a company. A breaker dismantled the car and i picked up the engine.

Citroen deliveres replacement engine for the racing as my dealer replaced one when a piston broke. But this one was new not second hand and came as a warranty service.

If I remenber correctly there was a thread here not long ago where the engine codes suitable for a Racing where discussed so you might be able to find a used engine.

Comment

Originally posted by beanboy View Post
              They started off saying it was the typical Citroen valve issue, which had caused it, now they are looking at the big ends / shells etc
              What 'typical Citroen valve issue' I've never heard of this before
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                That would be the coking/carbon build up on the inlet valves I'd wager, given that we are talking about a racing (I assume, it is the racing subforum...)

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  Originally posted by tch View Post
                  That would be the coking/carbon build up on the inlet valves I'd wager, given that we are talking about a racing (I assume, it is the racing subforum...)
                  Or he is just being sarcastic...
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Mine didn't go through but did explode inside the cylinder.

Welcome to the club.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Blew a ford capri engine 30 yr back, had ingnored the oil warning light as it always used to come on any case
                      Holes on side of the engine
                      LOL
                      BIg smoke too.

Embarassed at traffic loights. Ha.

£30 scrap....
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

My DS3R had a failed piston but a broken conrod? That's like winning the lottery.
                        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                        sigpic

Comment

A bit expensive but you might be interested in this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-RC...cAAOSwFqJWsZlb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Citro...cAAOSwOVpXWAlO

Comment

Thanks

Does anybody know the difference in the engine codes, mine seems to be a 5fd

Comment

A bit worrying .....is this piston thing just a problem on petrol engines or is it diesel too ?..

Comment

Working...
                              X