Fuel Type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Type?

Are you guys running normal unleaded or high octane?

My previous car had to run on V-Power as it was tuned specifically for it but if the DS3R runs on normal unleaded that would be good given the current fuel prices!!

Stef
    2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Regular unleaded unless I decide to treat it. Runs fine to date (THP)

I read something about the DS3R giving out different BHP in different countries because of the types of fuel on offer which is something to consider if you're looking at getting the most out of your baby.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

OK, will bear it in mind. I know I read about two variants of the DS3R with a couple of BHP difference, the current blurb on the site quotes 207BHP I think for the UK?

Stef

Comment

I'm allways fueling it with BP Ultimate.My THP is also running better on Ultimate then on BP 95 fuel.

With 95 Fuel it's putting out 162hp and around 265nm of torque
        With Ultimate Fuel it's putting out 169hp and 280nm of torque

This is with a complete standard engine.

But heard some rumours that the Ultimate Fuel here in Holland is the same as the BP Ultimate / Aral Ultimate fuel in Germany and then it is Octane 100 instead of octane 98
        DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
          I'm allways fueling it with BP Ultimate.My THP is also running better on Ultimate then on BP 95 fuel.

With 95 Fuel it's putting out 162hp and around 265nm of torque
          With Ultimate Fuel it's putting out 169hp and 280nm of torque

This is with a complete standard engine.

But heard some rumours that the Ultimate Fuel here in Holland is the same as the BP Ultimate / Aral Ultimate fuel in Germany and then it is Octane 100 instead of octane 98
          That's quite a noticeable difference. Shell V-Power here is 99 octane, mmmm, fuel for thought so to speak!

Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            That's quite a noticeable difference. Shell V-Power here is 99 octane, mmmm, fuel for thought so to speak!

Stef
            Shell V Power is 98octane here, Tesco is 99 Octane, BP 97. Even though BP used to a do a motorsport 102 octane at a few places, it was about £2.40 a litre!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dave_beast View Post
              Shell V Power is 98octane here, Tesco is 99 Octane, BP 97. Even though BP used to a do a motorsport 102 octane at a few places, it was about £2.40 a litre!!!
              Are you sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_V-Power

Says it's 99 RON in there and on the pumps.

Stef

Comment

Just had a look on the Aral / BP website and all the BP and Aral Ultimate fuel in Germany is now octane 102 !
                And even better, it's for the "normal" price

BP Ultimate here in Holland is still octane 100 (sold as 98) and Shell V-Power is octane 97 (sold as 95)
                DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

The Racing supplement to the handbook and the label inside the filler cap both state 98 RON. I've filled her up twice since getting her and the first time was a shock, just over £60, having come from a C2 VTS with a smaller tank and running on standard unleaded I had only just recently been putting £40 in to fill up from the warning light :eek:
                  DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                    The Racing supplement to the handbook and the label inside the filler cap both state 98 RON. I've filled her up twice since getting her and the first time was a shock, just over £60, having come from a C2 VTS with a smaller tank and running on standard unleaded I had only just recently been putting £40 in to fill up from the warning light :eek:
                    OK Arlow, thanks for that, had a feeling it might require the dear stuff!

Stef

Comment

peasant juice
                      sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                      Third time around.
                      Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                        Are you sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_V-Power

Says it's 99 RON in there and on the pumps.

Stef
                        I stand corrected

Comment

I stand corrected
                          I think it used to be 98 when it was Optimax, shocking thing is around my way it's only 1p per litre dearer than normal diesel! What the hell has happened to the price of diesel!! I remember (before diesel cars were popular) when I worked in a petrol station in Cornwall and diesel was £1.64 a gallon and 4 star was £1.75 a gallon.

Stef

Comment

I've been putting V-Power (UK) in mine.

I remember when I used to work at a Shell garage the manager used to explain the difference to customers between V-Power and Regular Unleaded. Basically he'd say what the leaflets said, that it cleans the engine and gives you better mpg and bhp. But he'd also say to them that if they didn't notice a difference he'd refund them the difference between V-Power and Regular Unleaded - In 5 years I never saw anyone come back complaining.
                            Also 5th Gear tested them a few years ago to see if it really was woth buying them (V-Power was still called Optimax)
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQghB...eature=related
                            (notice the prices in the background 90.9p Unl & 94.9p Diesel)

And judging from their results, if you've got a highly tuned soprts car (like the DS3 Racing and probably even the Sport) it's worth buying the higher octane fuels

Comment

Looking at economy figures in cars I tune and cars of my own over the last 5 years we have seen a noticable difference in using ANY Shell fuels.
                              MPG is always higher and the engines are always running cleaner (less blocked or dirty lines and injector problems).
                              I always recomend shell even if you have not got a tuned or performance vehicle.
                              I never Never use supermarket fuel unless I really really really have to (like running out near one).

Personally I dont think the advertising for the extra miles is correct as it only adds a cleaner keeping your lines and injectors clean. I suppose under tests it does work but because of the cleaning effect.
                              Supermarket fuels are so dirty. We did a fuel filter test with an inline paper filter. One with shell and one with another supermarket fuel and after 3 months there was a very big difference !
                              Green Vehicle Solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X