Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colour attracting bugs to their death???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour attracting bugs to their death???

When driving you accept that every now and then you'll get a bug, of some sort, explode on your windscreen. However I'm pretty sure I never had this many. Every time I clean my car (roughly every 2 weeks) the front grill is almost coated in them.
    Also I was driving down the motoway the other day and in the space of about 4 seconds approx 10 bugs hit the windscreen.

I noticed out of my office window (I park so i can see my car from my desk) some bugs flying around for quite some time, but it was only my car they were flying round.

I'm wondering if the Orange Roof, Grill, etc could be attracting them. Anyone else noticed this or am I just lucky?

They love mine too! And quite the opposite being white with black. Lots of red when splatted bugs too. Great fun to clean . . . .

When I am cleaning they land all over her and I'm forever flicking them off.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

A customer of mine has his motor in today and it's the most bug splattered car I've seen in a while!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SY58OCH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	353391
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Get rid of the Burgers off the floor - they can smell them!

Jimbob

Comment

Even the insects love the DS3 and would rather commit suicide on the front on it rather than look at any other car.
          2011 61 Plate, All Black DSport 150 THP, MyWay City Signature (SOLD)

2014 All Black DS5 DSport 200 THP

Comment

You should try Yellow. Mines covered in Ladybirds shagging!

Comment

i was in kfc and a fcking sea gull landed on my white roof i was outta the car in a flash screaming at it lol
              Black and white E-HDI DS3

Originally posted by ZACK
              Sorry Wools, Seems You Were Actually Right

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
                You should try Yellow. Mines covered in Ladybirds shagging!
                +1 !!

I had a b*gger of a job extracting some very determined masonry bees from the gap between the rear side-windows and the bodywork on mine.

A high pressure hose sorted them out. Carnage!

Comment

Haha biggers that's nothing. 800 miles of motorway it's a blood bath on the front of mine. Bought some bug spray for when the goin gets tough lol

Comment

Working...
                  X