ds3r dump valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ds3r dump valve

I have had my ds3 racing for near a year now any1 no off any dump valves for them?? needs to be fit to work up to 267bhp+

Originally posted by sirizzy86 View Post
    I have had my ds3 racing for near a year now any1 no off any dump valves for them?? needs to be fit to work up to 267bhp+
    http://forgemotorsport.co.uk/content...oduct=FMDVDS3A
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

In my opinion they are a waste of time, will get right on your tits after a while and I've only ever found my cars in the past have run better with the oe setup, no experience on the ds3's though
      61 DSport + e-hdi airdream
      V5 STI Type R Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisp View Post
        In my opinion they are a waste of time, will get right on your tits after a while and I've only ever found my cars in the past have run better with the oe setup, no experience on the ds3's though
        Thats because subaru is known to have top of the market dv installed already (bought turbosmart blowoff for my 2006 STi and changed the stock back after 6months), but some cars tend to work better with aftermarket divertervalve or dumpvalve (personal experience on 3 turbo cars).

Comment

Your Hoping For 267 Eh ?

What's The Plans ?

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
            Your Hoping For 267 Eh ?

What's The Plans ?
            Replacing the engine I'm guessing.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by DS3Finland View Post
              Thats because subaru is known to have top of the market dv installed already (bought turbosmart blowoff for my 2006 STi and changed the stock back after 6months), but some cars tend to work better with aftermarket divertervalve or dumpvalve (personal experience on 3 turbo cars).
              It's not just the Impreza, had a large number of turbo cars now
              61 DSport + e-hdi airdream
              V5 STI Type R Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                Replacing the engine I'm guessing.
                i got a chip put in to it and that took it up to 249bhp so wit a filter and a front mount it should give it a bit more so do a dont fink i need to replace the enging m8

Comment

Originally posted by sirizzy86 View Post
                  i got a chip put in to it and that took it up to 249bhp so wit a filter and a front mount it should give it a bit more so do a dont fink i need to replace the enging m8
                  And how long are you planning on keeping the engine at 267? I can't imagine too long with all the same internals other than a filter, chip and fmic..
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Tick Tick Tick

Comment

It's not that smart to tune your racing to 260+ hp.
                      The manufacturer of the Turbo (Borg Warner) recommends a maximum of 240hp with that turbo.
                      After the 240hp the Turbo is not working in an efficient erea anymore, so only more heat will be generated.

260hp is no problem, but not on a "save" way.
                      DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Originally posted by Fabian View Post
                        It's not that smart to tune your racing to 260+ hp.
                        The manufacturer of the Turbo (Borg Warner) recommends a maximum of 240hp with that turbo.
                        After the 240hp the Turbo is not working in an efficient erea anymore, so only more heat will be generated.

260hp is no problem, but not on a "save" way.
                        Not to mention the additional issue's he's going to have with heat being passed out of the exhaust, the turbo blowing up and no doubt one or more of the pistons eventually exploding out of the engine or seizing..
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                        X