No announcement yet.

My DS3 Racing now has an Experimental Remap thanks to Flash Remapping and Viezu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DS3 Racing now has an Experimental Remap thanks to Flash Remapping and Viezu

Yesturday I spent the day at Viezu's Main Office with Dave from Flash Remapping.

Firstly I would like to say thanks to Dave and the guys at Viezu for making me feel welcome and invloving me in the progress of the map. I recommend both these company's, best mapping experience so far, and i had a few prevsious cars mapped :-)

Although as you can see with the Graph there are no real overal gains in BHP the drivablility has be been greatly improved with the power lower down making the car feel at lot faster. In the wet at 45mph in second, flooring the car without the TC on wheelspan :-).

I am no expert but after discussions beleive the issue was with the intake temperature getting very high very quickly that was preventing more BHP, plus the car has only done 1800 mile so it needs to run in some more.

I will be going back to Dave and the guys at Viezu again soon for more tests and to see if there is any more to come. I am also going to make changes to the air filter confguration and possibly an new intercooler to help keep intake temps down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Graph.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	363865Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120420-00032.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	363866Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120420-00033.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	363867Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120420-00034.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	363868

No BHP Gain ?

Lol Hope You Didn't Pay For That Map...

Comment

Interesting original BHP figure, is that with the car absolutely standard or have you made changes i.e. replaced the air filter etc.?
      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

The Car is 100% Stock, and still very tight, they guys at Viezu, said after a few more thousand miles the BHP will get alot better :eek:

Comment

Actually there is a problem with all ds3's i had mine tested on my workshops dyno, and we took a road test on the dyno and we could see that the air temperature gives the car a little bhp lack..
          So i will personally put my airfilter away from the exhaust where i can get some cold air..

No bhp gain sounds strange, even if your car havent drove much it just dont make any sense that a remap cant change that.. But i can understand if they dont wanna put a remap on a car that havent been properly driven yet..
          Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Have diagnostic Lexia/Diagbox Tool

Comment

Interesting, I ran mine there 2 weeks ago. One year old, recently serviced, 6,400 miles on the clock and max BHP at the wheels was 158, equivalent of approx 200BHP which should increase as the engine is still fairly tight

Going on rough calculations yours could be putting out 7 BHP over the official figure!!!

Comment

Can someone explain the standard graph from heff27 shows 173hp at the wheels, so this is a large difference with the 158hp at the wheels from Arlow?
              DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

Well dyno's in tuning mode or shootout mode can all have lots of diffrent variables mapped into them which means no two can really ever be compared unless you are run on the same dyno same day in shootout mode. If you get a full printout with all the correction factors on it you will see why dyno graphs can't be trusted to be anything more than a bragging tool. Compare the 1/4 mile times of a tuned verus untuned car over a dozen odd runs and you will soon see which tune provides more useful average power over the useful rev range rather than just a peak number. I know this well having won a few dyno day comps but not quite being able to back it up with 1/4 mile drag day wins. You can see from hefs original run torque graph that something isn't right with the original engine tune as there are some unnatural dips in the 2-4k range that Arlow still has too that need explanation. This engine in good tune will have a pretty flat torque response across this range. Of course you have to really know your ecu as there could be all sorts of torque limits programmed in to save gearboxes etc that mess with the remap unless you take them out too.
                Originally posted by Fabian View Post
                Can someone explain the standard graph from heff27 shows 173hp at the wheels, so this is a large difference with the 158hp at the wheels from Arlow?

Comment

It could be down to differences in the dyno, I have seen differences before on different dynos when I have mapped a few previous cars. I dont know where Arlow had his done.

Going back to the comment above about no increase in BHP is kinda not worth it, It the drivablity of the remap, does transform the car totally, but the car in stock spec, suffers from massive increase heat in the intake to over 200c.

After a Forge Intercooler and Air Intake kits, should help high temps and allow some increase in BHP :-)

Comment

Jonbays your right about the dips, you can feel this when driving the car, slight moment of hesitation, I think this has something little to do with the air box configuration, that is poor. ??? I could be totally wrong, but the standard map isnt the best tuned.

Comment

arlow had his done at viezu bromsgrove the other saturday so its the sme dyno n could of bin the sme guys. every engines different and each car gets treated differently

Comment

That's right had mine done on the 7th of this month at Bromsgrove, car was exactly a year old with approx 6,400 miles on the clock & serviced on 30th March. Car was on the dyno within 20 minutes of arriving after approx 100 mile drive. The only thing I noticed from your pictures is that your bonnet was up, mine was run with the bonnet down, may or may not make any difference. My post here

Comment

The bonnet was down during the runs, the pics were taken as they were setting up before the runs :-)

Comment

Thats scarily low... makes me wonder what my DSport THP is putting out

Comment

Lufc_lad, remember these figures on the graph are BHP at the wheels, the BHP that manufactures publish is at the Flywheel.

Comment

Working...
                              X