build number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• build number

just wondered if any one knows how to find out the build number of racing. would like to know mine. thanks
    DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

It Says on a small plaque iirc...

Comment

do you know where abouts have heard some thing about that have looked cant find any thing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        It Says on a small plaque iirc...
        The only small plaque I know of is the one pictured and it doesn't have a build number. The original concept car had a similar plaque and that did have a number on it, perhaps that's what you remembered.

DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Citroen dealer told me that theres a month+year number on the car but didnt say where- didnt push him
          Assumed it would be on/near the VIN plate, or be part of the VIN as not certain whether the date of build is just a coded number, rather than the month and year as the actual number ie: 0612 being June 2012

Any new car purchased from now on will ask the build date from the seller

Isnt there a website or something detailing VIN numbers to build years?
          If not- email Citroen

Is there much point if you already own the car?
          CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

it would be nice to know what number out of 200 mine is . for me any way .

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ds3r View Post
              it would be nice to know what number out of 200 mine is . for me any way .
              AFAIK there is no limited edition number. It's one of the few things I think Citroen could have done to finish the car off better. The other things I've mentioned before are the rear brake calipers, they're the standard ones because they are good enough, but why didn't they paint them red to match the front ones!!! They put red inserts into the DS badge on the bonnet, but left the DS badge in the steering wheel standard. Little things I know but they leave the car unfinished.

Comment

I think its a build date rather than build number
                Cant ask the dealer cos decided wasnt going to buy from him so me not his most popular person
                Me still looking for a good deal
                CBLUE
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

I remember reading somewhwre that Citroen, like others, no longer number their cars if they are limited edition cars.

It is to stop a particular car accumulating vaule, such as a DS3R 1 out of 200, and devaluing say 163 out of 200.

I actually think it is a good way to do it since it keeps the playing field level.

Also, some car makers keep it vague, ie all cars state "1 of 300" since it is, and others keep it vague so they can add more cars if it is a money spinner. This happened fairly recently, can't remember which marque it was though, maybe Lamborgini or the like.

Comment

DS3001 on this site had the first DS3 sold in the UK (Got a badge in his car)
                    Not sure if they commemorated the first DS3R sold
                    Maybe its engine blew and it dont exist anymore
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      DS3001 on this site had the first DS3 sold in the UK (Got a badge in his car)
                      Ah yeah that's where I've seen it before...

The 1st 100 DS3's had it

Comment

The first UK DS3 Racing was sold to dr_jon see these threads:

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ll=1#post20759
                        http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...ll=1#post20757

Haven't seen him post anything for awhile so no idea how his Racing is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by iwelford View Post

Also, some car makers keep it vague, ie all cars state "1 of 300" since it is, and others keep it vague so they can add more cars if it is a money spinner. This happened fairly recently, can't remember which marque it was though, maybe Lamborgini or the like.
                          Ferrari have been doing it for years.

Comment

hi all just got in thanks for all the posts very interesting about the build numbers etc.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X