DS3R service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3R service.

Hi all, as you may know I had a 10,000 mile annual a few week ago where service dept did an oil change. I called the dealer this afternoon to ask about the 3 year servicing for £199 and was told by the service manager that I've to bring the car in again for a 12,000 mile service, for new air filter, spark plugs. Is this correct as i thought the 10,000 mile service covered all this?. What is the point having a service for the Racing at 10,000 and then 12,000?.

Service interval is 12500 Miles or one year normal conditions or 10000 miles arduous conditions.

I haven't got the service book to hand, but at the service the oil & filter should have been changed, air filter should have been changed & the spark plugs should have been changed. All the information you require is in the service book.
    DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Hi Arlow...so should the oil, filter and spark plugs should have been change at the 10,000 or 12,000?, What is Arduous conditions?
      Last edited by alexmj1; 25-07-2012, 21:36.

Comment

If you took it in for an annual service then yes they should have changed everything.

Comment

well I took it in for the 10,000 as that what I thought it was but the service dept only changed the oil and filter. The dept didn't mention anything about a 12,000 service until today because I was asking about the why 3 year service pack for £199 which I received yesterday runs out in 2014 and not 2015?
          Last edited by alexmj1; 25-07-2012, 21:52.

Comment

I took the service plan out when I bought the car, it covers the first 3 years servicing or 35,000 miles. So if you bought the car in 2011 it will expire in 2014, & will cover 1st service 2012, 2nd service 2013 & 3rd service 2014, presuming you do less than 12,500 miles a year.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, service manager didn't mention anything to me about the 12,500 miles service when I took the car it for the 10,000 which I thought was the annual service. You would of thought he would of said something this....what a crap service .

Comment

Arduous conditions are where;

* lots of short runs less than 6 miles
                * covering only a few thousand miles a year
                * using bio diesel
                * Very hot or cold countries
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                  Arduous conditions are where;

* lots of short runs less than 6 miles
                  * covering only a few thousand miles a year
                  * using bio diesel
                  * Very hot or cold countries
                  Bigfeet, I don't do any of the above so its 12500 miles then. would of been nice if the service dept mention this to me, waste of £99.

Comment

I would be asking for a full service minus the oil and filter change and they can deduct the cost from the 12500 service. Shocking service as they should havce either done it all there and then or told you to come back in 2500 miles time to get it all done. Do they wear masks?

sigpic
                    Black on Black eHDI 110 Dsport+ :cool:

Comment

Anyway got another 800 mile before she back in again, just the hassle of going back so soon.

Comment

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
                        Bigfeet, I don't do any of the above so its 12500 miles then. would of been nice if the service dept mention this to me, waste of £99.
                        I dont think its ever money wasted- just mebes you could have used the money better
                        Always good to have cars checked over by experts
                        Mine had a 12 month check and it had 12500ish on the clock a month ago
                        When 20,000 miles is up its got its first service- so only another 7500 miles probably 6 months
                        But hey- better safe than sorry
                        CBLUE
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Arduous conditions...

I would say that 2 out of 4 apply to me.
                          Travel to work and home everyday - less than 6 miles check
                          Car is coming up for 17 months old, and not long cleared 8000 miles - few thousand miles a year check.

But I was informed it was 2 years before I had to come in...by BigFeet no less...

Comment

Working...
                          X