Front brake squeak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front brake squeak

Hi guys, had the racing a few weeks now and totally loving it however as always I have a "question" lol

At slow speeds I have noticed that the front brakes squeak a little, now I have read somewhere that Brembo 4 piston brakes squeak at low speeds and wondered if this is the same thing. Any other racing owners experienced this?

Thanks in advance

Can't say I've noticed, but:

1. Stereo is always on
    2. Don't spend long at slow speeds
    DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

This has recently happened on mine (dstyle+) as well. The brakes need copper grease on them, that is all. Won't harm your car in any way, but you can either

A: fix the problem yourself by taking the pads out the calipers and dabbing a bit of grease on them.
      B: tell them about it when you have your service due as a I don;t think they would entertain this at any other time (although can't be sure).

or

C: turn the stereo up a bit louder, and lavish in the atention everyone gives you when they look to see what is making the noise and then swoon over your fantastic looking car. just remember to wear cool sunglasses

Comment

If the car is brand new take it back let them deal with it
        2012 Dstyle+ 1.6 eHDI 90 Airdreamsigpic
        Belle Ile Blue With Black Roof

Comment

hi mine did it a few times like you say at low speed then it has been ok but have not used it for 2 weeks had a opp was told not to drive for 2 to 3 weeks cant wait to get back in the car.
          DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Hope the opp went well and it wasn't anything too serious
            http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
            Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

hi thanks for that yes on the mend had Gull stones so had to have Gull bladder removed. will have a drive out end of next week get ready for trax.
              DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

ergh- painful
                http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Working...
                X