Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Recent Engine Issues For DS3 Racing Owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Recent Engine Issues For DS3 Racing Owners?

Been a while since I've been on the forum, any fairly recent DS3 Racing owners on here who have suffered from engine hesitation issues?

Just interested to see if they finally resolved it.

Stef
    2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Hey

Nice to see you, hope the new car is going well.

Not heard about any . . . But I'm sure some Racing owners will update you. Just wanted to say hi
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
      Hey

Nice to see you, hope the new car is going well.

Not heard about any . . . But I'm sure some Racing owners will update you. Just wanted to say hi
      Thanks Joni, new car is fine thanks, hope you're all OK?

Stef

Comment

I've had my racing now for just shy of a month. It's a 61 reg, registered in October. Have found that mine does suffer from hesitation in 1st and 2nd gear when changing from peaceful driving to hard and also when first starting up I'm the morning. I changed to this from my 11 reg THP which had endless problems. Debating whether or not to let it ride for now and see if it gets any worse.

Problems aside I have loved both cars, just a shame that the quality is just slightly lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by lewis crichton View Post
          I've had my racing now for just shy of a month. It's a 61 reg, registered in October. Have found that mine does suffer from hesitation in 1st and 2nd gear when changing from peaceful driving to hard and also when first starting up I'm the morning. I changed to this from my 11 reg THP which had endless problems. Debating whether or not to let it ride for now and see if it gets any worse.

Problems aside I have loved both cars, just a shame that the quality is just slightly lacking.
          That's exactly how mine (both cars) started, rough when cold, sometimes it wouldn't even accelerate up my road, it got progressively worse from there on to the point where most of the times it was hesitant to accelerate at any speed.

Unfortunately you will just get fobbed off if you take it back to Citroen. They are currently telling people there is no issue with the DS3R engine and that they have never had one rejected...................

If you want some assistance, drop me a PM please, I have someone who is sat up and listening. Same goes to anyone who has/had a DS3 Racing with engine issues, drop me a PM.

I know how you feel, I was gutted when mine developed issues and I had to go down the prickly path of rejection, the DS3R was such an all round competent car.

Stef
          Last edited by Stef; 14-08-2012, 11:41.

Comment

Hi Stef, you beat me to it, just logged in to post the same question!

You know about my issues, which are identical to what you had.

I am also curious to know of anyone who has done the PCV deletion because of the same problem? I understand you may not want to post here, so please PM Stef or myself

Thx
            Gazza

Comment

Originally posted by lewis crichton View Post
              I've had my racing now for just shy of a month. It's a 61 reg, registered in October. Have found that mine does suffer from hesitation in 1st and 2nd gear when changing from peaceful driving to hard and also when first starting up I'm the morning.
              You certainly have had your fair share problems Lewis
              I assume you got it second hand (Not from within your family) looking at the 61 plate- cos you had problems with your THP if I recall
              Did you ask who you bought it from what the history was? - anyway- take straight back now IMO
              CBLUE
              Last edited by Chris_Blue; 14-08-2012, 14:27.
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'm not sure which road to take at the moment. I've been messed around by citroen quite badly already and I shouldn't really take the chance again but I love the car.
                One of my issues is that if I send this car back I will, at best only get the deposit back I paid on the racing and lose the one on the dsport. I've only put down 500 on the racing but I put over 3000 on the dsport
                Still had no formal apology from citroen from last time

My racing has a little less than 7000 miles on the clock, 10 month old and was sourced by me from citroen Worthing. Its costing just over 19,000. It's a lot of money to take a risk with so I'm not sure

Comment

All the best Lewis whatever you decide
                  CBLUE
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                    Been a while since I've been on the forum, any fairly recent DS3 Racing owners on here who have suffered from engine hesitation issues?

Just interested to see if they finally resolved it.

Stef
                    What happening Stef, it's been a while. 11,500m on the clock nothing to report really. How that monster V8?

Comment

16 1/2 months old, & nearly 9,000 miles on the clock, no problems to report.
                      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
                        What happening Stef, it's been a while. 11,500m on the clock nothing to report really. How that monster V8?
                        It's good to hear that you and Arlow have good ones!

The monster V8 is going fine thank you, getting 37MPG cost wise from the LPG, can't complain at that!! Also had a Wortec switchable cat back fitted, not cheap, but worth every penny!!

I hope you guys with good working DS3R keep them that way. Had an email from another DS3R owner last week who has gone to hell and back with hers having the same issue but I believe she has finally got Citroen to accept that it's being rejected and is getting most of her money back.

Stef

Comment

37mpg that pretty good. That back box must sound very good, am thinking of changing mind but not sure if warranty might come into play. Am surprise that citroen hasn't come up with a fix for all the problems some Racing are having.

Comment

21 thousand miles 15 months old no issues
                            Last edited by darths3; 10-09-2012, 20:08.

Comment

Working...
                            X