Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coked exhaust

Hi guys,

As far as i can tell the car is running absolutely fine, and for round town short journeys its returning 34 to the gallon with ALOT of spirited driving!! however i have noticed that even after a proper clean the exhaust is coked with black crap after a couple of days. Now before i contact the dealers i thought i would check with other owners to see whether its a characteristic of the car or its maybe something wrong. The DSport never had this problem, and its certainly very noticeable.

Many thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Fuds View Post
    Hi guys,

As far as i can tell the car is running absolutely fine, and for round town short journeys its returning 34 to the gallon with ALOT of spirited driving!! however i have noticed that even after a proper clean the exhaust is coked with black crap after a couple of days. Now before i contact the dealers i thought i would check with other owners to see whether its a characteristic of the car or its maybe something wrong. The DSport never had this problem, and its certainly very noticeable.

Many thanks in advance!
    Characteristic of the car I think, mines done it since day 1 and no problems with the car.
    DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

yes mine does the same. just how they are
      DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Brilliant thanks guys

Lets see if we can go two for two in the mornings the car tends to make a kinda moaning whining sound that goes after a couple of minutes have you had this and if so what on earth is it?

Comment

hi Fuds cant say i have had that. does your fan come on in the morning when you first start up its not on for long.
          DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

My best bet would be that that 'whine' is your turbo. Since i've placed my Forge induction kit, every morning (or every time i start the car after a couple of hours (cold engine)) i can hear the turbo louder as any other given time.
            Not sure if this is what u mean but, i've got something similar :P
            BLACK DS3 Sport Chic 150THP | Forge Induction Kit | Skytune Exhaust

Comment

tht noise in mornin is as above the turbo spooling up ( warming) it only lasts couple of minutes and is perfectly normal

Comment

It's your turbo and exhaust recirc valve getting warmed up to optimum temps is all.
                http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

I clean my exhaust chrome every week - mine is just a standard THP but it does cake up much faster than my previous Leon FR Turbo Diesel used to. Five minutes and I've got gleaming chrome back each week (or sometimes I don't have time to bother, which is hard to say!)....oh and how, is following a normal wash, I use finest grade steel wool dipped in chrome cleaner, wipe it inside and outside the pipes, then buff residue with a microfibre (not one that is ever used on the paintwork though). That micro-fibre then goes straight in my dedicated washing machine for my car stuff!

Regards,
                  Clive.
                  CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                  DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

Originally posted by CliveP View Post
                    ...That micro-fibre then goes straight in my dedicated washing machine for my car stuff!..
                    Sometimes Clive you scare me.....!
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Omg!!
                      http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                      Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Only sometimes? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                          Sometimes Clive you scare me.....!
                          Only sometimes? :P

Comment

Lol, did you think for one minute I'd want to wash my top quality microfibres and drying towels in the same washing machine that's had the household's smalls washed in them? Yak!, no way!

OK, it's a little different I confess!!!!

LOL
                            Clive.
                            CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
                            DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

My THP 150 just had a new bigger bore exhaust fitted and does get blacked up
                              Although the original did too
                              Would it be heavier as the exhaust has more oxygen in it, as the back pressure is less?
                              The rolling road print out says there is more oxygen in the emissions which is good apparently
                              Or does this sound rubbish (The mechs said it when fitted, unless i misinterpreted what they said)
                              Or they may have said the engine is asking for more oxygen (Which it is getting) at 125mph
                              Runs marvellous and am happy
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X