new racing owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new racing owner

Hi I have just ordered a black racing from Essex trading my MINI Cooper s R56 in for it. Cant wait think I collect next week. Long drive from Blackpool to Braintree in Essex awaits me it has the stickers and myway.:

Awesome!!

Welcome
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

had a test drive of a 10k miles 6mth old one at my local Citroen Dealer was only £17400 and I liked it. Not as direct and pointy as my MINI but much smoother ride.

Comment

And more of a head turner
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I'm sure Arlow will be along to remind us all that they do also come in white!

Welcome by the way.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I did not mind white or black really

Comment

hi welcome enjoy the car, enjoy mine love it your not far from me.
              DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

teach me to read your post right. your from Blackpool collecting from essex.
                DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spitfire4 View Post
                  Hi I have just ordered a black racing from Essex trading my MINI Cooper s R56 in for it. Cant wait think I collect next week. Long drive from Blackpool to Braintree in Essex awaits me it has the stickers and myway.:
                  You'll enjoy the drive back more than the drive down :cool:
                  DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

thats a good point be a real direct comparison. MINI has been great but had 4 of them over the years time for a change. Had a C2 VTS some years ago but endless electic faults and dash codes made me get shut. I am hoping these are now better made

Comment

Originally posted by spitfire4 View Post
                      thats a good point be a real direct comparison. MINI has been great but had 4 of them over the years time for a change. Had a C2 VTS some years ago but endless electic faults and dash codes made me get shut. I am hoping these are now better made
                      I had an 06 C2 VTS before I got my Racing last year, had no problems with it and was impressed enough with the build quality to look again at Citroen when I started to think about replacing it back in 2010.
                      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

spitfire- once you drive it properly you'll see what all the magazines and websites do- it handles amazingly but it does it in a grown up way rather than ripping your hands off. Thus ds3 rally car top- mini rally car- erm 6th or 7th? Can't remember but Adi will know
                        http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                        Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

Yes the MINI feels glued to the road I have eichback springs with 17inch wheels its remapped as well so goes really well. The steering on the Ds and the clutch/ gearchange all feel less connected. I am hoping I will grow used to the feel of it in time. I might get the remap from superchips to bring the performance in line with the MINI. I have looked but there does not seem to be any alternative spring choices for the Racing. I just wanted a change and apart from a Works or the new Roadster MINI choices were limited.

Considered a CLIO but too thirsty and high road tax. Plus i love the PSA/BMW engine it's so smooth

Comment

Did I miss something or did you have a Cooper S JCW? A standard DS3r walks all over a standard Cooper S and against a JCW they are pretty much neck a neck. Although a Cooper S has more on paper 1 never got away from me when my Dsports was standard, far from it, I tended to pull away from them past 40MPH. Now it's a wee bit tinkered with it leaves them standing- in fact it's something of a hobby of mine especially on motorways.
                            http://db.tt/tJZ0ZQG1
                            Black on Black DSports+ THP 155 16v Custom Remap to 193BHP; 230lb/ft

Comment

cooper s remapped to 226bhp it's a lot faster than the DS Racing I drove. On the I phone g-tac app it hits 60 in 6 sec dead. I have only ever come up against the model below the racing with the same engine but detuned in it and The MINI is way way faster in fact up to a 100 it is neck and neck with my brothers 54 plate M3.

However all that aside I am happy to be getting my racing and had enough MINI's four of them

Comment

Working...
                              X