Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket wheels

Hello,

I am a lucky owner of a white Racing. Ace car, love it!

Winter is soon approaching in Norway and I need new winter wheels. I know that the offset on a Racing is different from the standard DS3. I even tried a winter wheel from the regular DS3 on my Racing, but the front brake caliper touches the alloy.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket alloys that will fit the Racing? I am thinkin 17". My local Citroen dealer only offers the original Racing wheels with winter tyres....

Regards,
    Kenneth

Originally posted by Svendsen View Post
    Hello,

I am a lucky owner of a white Racing. Ace car, love it!

Winter is soon approaching in Norway and I need new winter wheels. I know that the offset on a Racing is different from the standard DS3. I even tried a winter wheel from the regular DS3 on my Racing, but the front brake caliper touches the alloy.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket alloys that will fit the Racing? I am thinkin 17". My local Citroen dealer only offers the original Racing wheels with winter tyres....

Regards,
    Kenneth
    Might be cheaper to just find some steelies to go on over Winter. Depends it you're worried about aesthetics or not. Do you have a rough price guide?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

my local dealer offered me original wheels for about 1650£ (not sure what brand tyres) . I don't want to spend more than 1000-1100 £ (if I buy from UK I have to add 25% tax when items arrive in Norway)
      Last edited by Svendsen; 25-09-2012, 12:26.

Comment

hi svendsen can help you give hangar111 a call they have a couple of options of wheels etc to fit ds3r on 01473 811811 a lot less money then you said you want to spend, he is a good friend . glad you love your racing i am lucky too i have a black & orange one hope this helps. adrian
        DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Svendsen View Post
          don't want to spend more than 1000-1100 £
          And you're struggling ?

Best bet is to find some 18" steelies, I'd stay away from 17" because of the larger brakes. Get a wheel with a low ET of around 20 and you should be fine

Comment

yes, Norwegian prices are shait. cheapest offer so far is 1350£ . That is why I am looking abroad....get more value for $. I sent an e-mail to performance alloys, hopefully they have something that will fit.

Comment

hi did you see my post about hangar111.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ds3r View Post
                hi did you see my post about hangar111.
                yes I did! I sent an e-mail to them as well. Thanks for the tip!

Kenneth
                Last edited by Svendsen; 26-09-2012, 12:23.

Comment

ok thanks

sigpic

Comment

Hi!

I have the same issue, you should call AutoCo Bærum if you need help with getting wheels and tires. Some of the guys that work there have ds3racings, so they know what they are talking about

Since wheels are so expensive in Norway im looking at just getting tires and using the same rims for both seasons. At afl.no they sell tires that should fit (225/40-R18 Nokian). They cost about 200£ pr.tire. not that bad!

But im not sure if 225's will fit, have someone here tried it before?

Wheel stats
                    Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/km Difference
                    215/40-18(stock) 86mm 315mm 629mm 1977mm 506 0.0%
                    225/40-18 (from AFL) 90mm 319mm 637mm 2002mm 500 1.3%

Regards
                    2012 DS3 Racing

Mods so far:
                    LEDs on full time
                    HID kit

Comment

Good news for you guys in Norway trying to get aftermarket wheels!!

A buddy of mine runs the Aabenraa Felglager (afl.no) in Norway and I went there today to order some wheels for my Racing. He said they so far did not know what wheels would fit because of the large brakes, but he ordered one 17" inch and 18" wheel to try on my car to see what will fit. When we have figured out what will fit they can provide wheels for your Racing. The wheels will be special made in orange to match the the black and orange Racing I will try and convince him to get some grey ones for the white and grey Racing as well.

The ordered wheels will arrive on tuesday so by wednesday I know if they fit and if both a 17" and a 18" version will be availible. Will post pictures from the test fit!
                      2012 DS3 Racing black & orange

Comment

Ive got these on my DS, as my "Winter-wheels", 17". Momo Racing wheels with Dunloop DS3 Tires, I got from a place called Dekkmester Proffen in Drammen! I get lots of compliments for them, even though they aren't nearly as cool as the stock wheels..
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by carlhenrik; 23-11-2012, 14:05.
                        2012 DS3 Racing

Mods so far:
                        LEDs on full time
                        HID kit

Comment

Nice wheels

Would look even better with an orange powdercoating perphaps

Comment

Originally posted by notrix View Post
                            Would look even better with an orange powdercoating perphaps
                            Yes ! +1

Comment

I tried this one on today.. Wheels fit perfectly even thought they are ET25

Unfortunately the orange is not quite matching the black and orange DS3R.. not sure if I'm to buy these or not.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X