cracked front spliter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked front spliter

Driving ont my drive this morning I caught the curb with the carbon fibre splitter and its cracked a 3inch split. Does anyone know if this can be repaired at all.

A replacement part from Citroen is £430 I am shocked at the price.

Cheers Iain

Ouch!

Can you add some photos? Might help determine what can be done?

A quick google has returned some repair places, and some sites have said that it wont be perfect - but being so low I don't think you would notice if its not 100% perfect.

Here is one repair place They said about £200-£250 to repair, but there will some nearer you I'm sure. Thats just the first one I saw on Google.

Sure someone will know more.

Have you contacted Ross at Alistair Fleming Ltd? He may have a better price if you needed to replace:

Telephone: 01292 280028
    Email: parts@alistairflemingayr.citroen.co.uk
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

THPs have got a rubber strip/skirt at the front
      Was going to change mine to the splitter- then scuffed a kerb and ruffed up the rubber skirt
      The amount of bumps round my way, I decided to keep the rubber skirt (And have impacted it a couple times since)
      Hope your repair goes well or fit a rubber skirt?
      Just a thought
      CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

thanks for your help I phoned Ross he quoted £430 as well. I am just going to order it and write it of as an experiance. I have spoken to a repairer and he said it might be noticable once repaired. seems a lot to pay £200 if its not perfect

Comment

So long as youre happy spending that
          Its a lot of money considering the possibilty of doing it again- and its got to be fitted
          I'm known for thinking about things for a while- unless its falling off!
          CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by spitfire4 View Post
            thanks for your help I phoned Ross he quoted £430 as well. I am just going to order it and write it of as an experiance. I have spoken to a repairer and he said it might be noticable once repaired. seems a lot to pay £200 if its not perfect
            No worries, happy to help

You'd be surprised what people buy on eBay - could always sell your broken one? Might get something back and its up to them to repair......
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

decided just to old fire for abit £400 is just ridiculouse I think I would rather live with the small crack for a while

Comment

decided just to old fire for abit £400 is just ridiculouse I think I would rather live with the small crack for a while
                Dont blame you Spitfire - £400 is a lot for a small spoiler.
                Bet a bit of epoxy resin would sort it- at least stop it splitting further even if it looks messy
                CBLUE
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Bet a bit of epoxy resin would sort it- at least stop it splitting further even if it looks messy
                  CBLUE
                  Botcher boy blue!

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                    Botcher boy blue!
                    Jimbob
                    What- leave it as is so the crack gets worse?
                    Lazy dontcare JimBob?
                    Can always cover the patch with a moulding of some sort and match both sides
                    Just a suggestion
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Nah! I would botch it as well!

Jimbob

Comment

Dont have to be botched does it
                        Just be careful
                        Go to chips away or something, and show them- advice is free!
                        CBLUE
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Driving ont my drive this morning I caught the curb with the carbon fibre splitter and its cracked a 3inch split. Does anyone know if this can be repaired at all.

A replacement part from Citroen is £430 I am shocked at the price.

Cheers Iain
                          know the feeling mate, done mine in an underground car in monte carlo a while back.

Comment

did you manage to fix it or bought a new one

Comment

Got a new one from john. Haven't got it fitted yet, thinking of leaving it until next summer. The damage the underground car park caused wasn't to bad, it just scratched and cracked it.

Comment

Working...
                              X