Broken clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken clutch

Had to take my DSR in to the stealership, slightly over 20k km on the odo and clutch broke. Pedal suddenly just did not return and stays in floor.
    Had to do rev-shifts to manage to drive it in.

Wtf, someone heard about similar cases?
    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
    sigpic

Sorry to hear it mate. (Love the word "stealership")
    Can't remember any others on here.

Jimbob

Comment

Driven too hard. Well done
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Probably just a broken cable.

Comment

is that covered under the warranty? if not how much to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
            Sorry to hear it mate. (Love the word "stealership")
            Can't remember any others on here.

Jimbob
            Love the UD definition

"Business entity where one can purchase vehicles or have vehicle maintenance and repairs performed at exorbitant prices. Remember to bend over and bring lots of lube. Variant of dealership."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=stealership
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

They diagnosed some sort of broken thrust bearing (?). It's covered by the warranty and promised to be fixed by Monday. I even got a regular C3 as temporary replacement

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
                is that covered under the warranty? if not how much to replace?
                Update: They called me today that it is not covered by the warranty as I had 202XX kilometers on it when I pulled in and warranty for clutch expires at 20k kms? Wtf, sounds like the worst excuse I've heard ever

Stealership says their warranty would cover it, but it will begin after the manufacturer warranty ends (which did not in this case). The repair costs are around 800 Euros. According to them I am technically not covered by any warranty.

Anyways, stealership has to cover it or they will get into trouble with the ombudsman.

More or less my trust in Citroen vanished and I am considering getting rid of my DS3R. How would I know I will not face the same shit around 40k km?

sigpic

Comment

That is shit ! I'd kick off !

Comment

Update: They mailed me an invoice for 800 euros which of replacement car represents 600 euros (drove 30 km over weekend, a cab would have been cheaper ). I opened a case with the ombudsman and my lawyer friend offered to take it to the court in case they still refuse to take responsibility.

sigpic

Comment

They are not behaving properly or fairly Raccna
                      I would say "Satanaan kusi pa" to them:rolleyes:
                      CBLUE
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by raccna View Post
                        Update: They mailed me an invoice for 800 euros which of replacement car represents 600 euros (drove 30 km over weekend, a cab would have been cheaper ).
                        600 euros for a C3? You could have bought one for less.

If you accepted the replacement car in the belief that the work was covered under warranty, it is surely wholly unreasonable for them later to seek to charge you for the replacement car. Don't roll over, mate. Threaten them with the press - they're more afraid of adverse publicity than they are of lawyers.

Comment

That can't be right. Hope your lawyer builds a good case against them.

Comment

This time I am not going to be the one who bends over and takes it up.
                            I am gonna enjoy this.

Oh, and the car is far from repaired. Quite often the first gear strangely does not go in properly and pops out, just love it in red lights when suddenly "BOING" and the car does not move.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe you should also write to Citroen Head Office
                              CBLUE
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X