Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tyres

Morning all

Well after a rather enthusiastic 6 months of driving i need to replace my front tyres (17k miles on them) car is 18 months old. To be honest the centre tread is fine but the edges are totally shot and its start to spin the wheels and traction control is coming on to much for my liking ( its really affecting my racing performance of the line lol)

So anyway found a few places online to get my tyres from 215/40/R18 W89 if anyone is interested all round the 200.00 mark for non run flats which includes fitting.

After ringing a couple of garages that would be local for fitting to check that they can do the reverse fit, i have had some alarming conversations, one said that they can do the reverse fit no problem but it might damge the front of the wheel, and one has said that they can do it and it WONT damage the front of the wheel but they will not be held responible if the tyre splits >.< Now theres no way im spending 200 a corner to have the tyre ruined, and to be honestg am a little shocked that this could be a possiblity.

Surely no tyre manafacturer would bring out a tyre for a wheel if it could be destroyed during the fitting process.

So are they being a little alarmist and should i honestly be worried.

Oh and citroen wanted 315 to supply and fit the tyres per corner, robbing bastards!

Several points here!

1. Took me 40000 miles plus to get through my first tyres and I ain't slow!
    2. Any correct size and rating tyres should fit with no problems if fitted by a person who knows what they are doing.
    3. £200 is not cheap if you mean EACH!.
    4. Citroen are not robbing you - just offering a price for you to accept or refuse!

JB
    Last edited by Jimbob; 12-02-2013, 10:49.

Comment

Black circles is a good shout re comparisons on price.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

As above black circles are good. I also use Camskill as they tend to come out cheapest, although you will need to take your tyres to a local fitting centre.
        Camskill 215/40/18

Comment

Bigger tires cost more money what you expect! If you wanted cheap should have got base DS with 16 in rims cheaper to replace and then you wouldn't have worn them out so quick as not so sporting!
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

How long do helicopter tyres last Cyclone?

JB

Comment

about a year or 2 usually cut in the sidewall or deep cuts in tread from unimproved landing sites.

Comment

Take some weight but presumably don't do too many miles!

Comment

Ah no i think i may not of explained myself very well.

Im not complaining about the cost ( 200 per tyre) as that is what a replacement costs ( though Citroen are charging to much for the exact same, and no i wont be going with them)

I'm getting the tyres from Black circle

I just concerned about the issues with fitting, and wondered if any racing owners had any experience on this.

@jimbob, if you can make a set of tyres on a racing last for 40,000 miles your not slow your stationary!!! :P

Comment

Very true almost never "wear" them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuds View Post

@jimbob, if you can make a set of tyres on a racing last for 40,000 miles your not slow your stationary!!! :P
                      Should have looked at the Avatar! Jealous now and would willingly pay £200 if I had a racing

JB

Comment

What tyres are you getting?

Comment

Originally posted by lee1101 View Post
                          What tyres are you getting?
                          Bridgestone Potenza's RE050A (which are the standard tyres for this model) 214/40/18 W89

Comment

hi Fuds i had a tyre re placed it took the chap a bit longer because my concern about damage to the wheel but it went on no worries he put tape over clamp part he did a Great job so there is people who care and can do it which is Great.
                            DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

can I ask what you paid because i'm getting pzero's and I payed about 150€ea
                              MATT BLACK e-HDI chipped 146HP 302NM DS3

Comment

Working...
                              X