Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy Paint Issue/Defect

Hello everyone!

I've recently cleaned my car after all the bad weather in the North (snow, etc so it has been a few weeks) and found the below damage to my alloy.

This is on the inside of the alloy - the painted black part - and there are no scuffs or damage to the orange outer flat edge. The damage in the picture also appears to have been caused by corrosion, as there is a brownish rust patch around the edges where the paint should be.

Has anybody had any experience of this? And would alloy corrosion be covered under the 3 year paintwork/lacquer warranty? (If not how much is it likely to cost to repair?)

Thanks in advance!

Stuart
    Attached Files

Looks like a ding/chip, mate, in which case the corrosion will have occurred after the initial damage, rather than being a cause of it.

Others on here will know the refurb costs...

Comment

thanks just wondered as their are no signs of obvious dammage other than the ding

Comment

depending where you go for a refurb between 50-100 i paid £75 back on the car, i do know some owners have had there's done under warranty but you may have a fight on your hands,coz dealers are not going to give up without one to get them sorted
        good luck but do try the dealers first you never know you might get lucky
        ron
        have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

thanks ron think my wheel bearing on the same sides on its way out !!!! maybe the can do both at the same time ???? for free :-)

Comment

no problem buddy thats what we are here for
            have sold the racing but ive still got the ultra prestige

Comment

Hi mine all ok plus only use mine at weekends etc dont take out when weather is bad hope you get it sorted.
              DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X