X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (?) product from Forge. Blow off adaptor FMDVMCS

Anyone tried this on a THP?

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...roduct=FMDVMCS

I know there are other benefits of replacing the whole valve but since this is a way to get the sound without major modifications I'm willing to give it a try
    2012 DS3 Racing black & orange

Originally posted by notrix View Post
    Anyone tried this on a THP?

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...roduct=FMDVMCS

I know there are other benefits of replacing the whole valve but since this is a way to get the sound without major modifications I'm willing to give it a try
    Yup, should take about 10mins to fit, unscrew 3 bolts, screw the adapter and the new three bolts in. Simple.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I'm a bit sceptic about buying the whole blow off valve kit because I'm worried about voiding the warranty on the engine. With all the problems I see people here have with these engines the last thing I want is to have to pay for any repairs from my own pocket

Comment

I'm a bit sceptic about buying the whole blow off valve kit because I'm worried about voiding the warranty on the engine. With all the problems I see people here have with these engines the last thing I want is to have to pay for any repairs from my own pocket
        The BOV you linked to is the same one I have in my glovebox after replacing it with the full recirc. It honestly takes no more than 10mins to remove so if ever you have to take the car in you could easily remove it.

As ever though, it's your car - I'll leave you to decide what you do with it
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

How's the sound? Will it be a significant change in volume in comparison with only the stock BOV?

Comment

Search for "Dangerousfish" on youtube, you should be able to find an old video I posted a while back of it.

It's considerably louder compared to the stock recirc.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Great tnx

Is FMDVMCS the correct part number for the DS3? I see some on ebay ment to fit the 207 gti which I though had the same engine but these are FMDVP207

Comment

Great tnx

Is FMDVMCS the correct part number for the DS3? I see some on ebay ment to fit the 207 gti which I though had the same engine but these are FMDVP207
                Same engine, same part.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Will it alter mpg or put added stress on any other components?

Comment

Unlikely.

The BOV is literally there to release air that has been spooled for the turbo. If anything you'll see a loss in performance as the air will take longer to spool and hit the turbo again after it's already been released.

Any losses/gains would be fractional though.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                      Unlikely.

The BOV is literally there to release air that has been spooled for the turbo. If anything you'll see a loss in performance as the air will take longer to spool and hit the turbo again after it's already been released.

Any losses/gains would be fractional though.
                      Thanks, Ill leave it.
                      I think the sound would get on my nerves anyway.

Comment

I have it installed, had it since autumn... it hisses kinda loud, can hear it inside the cabin even if radio is off.
                        Anyways I'll keep it.
                        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                        sigpic

Comment

Got one coming my way now

Comment

Got one coming my way now
                            God, det høres så bra som man skulle tro
                            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                            sigpic

Comment

It sounds great.. I'm very pleased

Comment

Working...
                              X