Actual number of DS3R's in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual number of DS3R's in the UK

Was just watching Top Gear when they mentioned this site www.howmanyleft.co.uk.

Interesting to see only 133 DS3 Racing's are actually registered in the UK and that they never even hit the original 200 allocated, not that I'm complaining the rarer the better I suppose

Nice website find, it appears to show 143 DS3r's with 7 currently SORN. This data is q4 2012 with next update due mid June this year. Might be closer to 200 by then ?
    sigpic

Comment

Yes the rarer the better as you say I've got mine .
      DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

I was surprised about how many are on the market, doing my usual see what's for sale snoop.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

When I got my THP a month ago the Citroen dealer told me there were no Racings left to buy new (Suggested some had been withdrawn)

In relation to why they didnt sell 200 of them, when i test drove one was at £25750 and within 8 weeks they had dropped it to just under £22k

It was a great drive, dont get me wrong

IMO when youve driven both the (My) 150 and the Racing, the major difference was you were closer to the floor in the Racing
          My 150 had been adapted a little so to say, but Racing starting at £25750 was just much too much- thats why dont think they sold

I actually offered them £22500 to start, but they haggled down so slowly, Id decided to continue to upsec my 150

So when they called me again, and offered Racing at under £22k, Id committed to what I was doing. Then I saw a Brand new one on ebaly for under £21k

So think their "get as much as you can" attitude backfires. Did with me

Since then, decided to replace the 150 for the 155. Happy days
          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 19-04-2013, 16:55.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

If I'd had the cash I'd have bought a racing, simples....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Bleu View Post
              When I got my THP a month ago the Citroen dealer told me there were no Racings left to buy new (Suggested some had been withdrawn)

In relation to why they didnt sell 200 of them, when i test drove one was at £25750 and within 8 weeks they had dropped it to just under £22k

It was a great drive, dont get me wrong

IMO when youve driven both the (My) 150 and the Racing, the major difference was you were closer to the floor in the Racing
              My 150 had been adapted a little so to say, but Racing starting at £25750 was just much too much- thats why dont think they sold

I actually offered them £22500 to start, but they haggled down so slowly, Id decided to continue to upsec my 150

So when they called me again, and offered Racing at under £22k, Id committed to what I was doing. Then I saw a Brand new one on ebaly for under £21k

So think their "get as much as you can" attitude backfires. Did with me

Since then, decided to replace the 150 for the 155. Happy days
              See this is what I don't understand because back in February when I was looking at buying one, my local dealer told me they could get me a brand new one on a 13 plate for March 1st but they wanted it on a PCP deal where the car would have ended up costing around £30k after 3 years if I wanted to keep it.

Comment

Think all dealers are "at it" to some degree.
                Id spun them around (They thought- it started with serious intent) saying I was thinking of one, so dont think they wanted to go down the DS3Racing with me again. Salesman I was dealing with had "moved on" by the time I got the 155. Maybe thats why he said no Racings left. Dont know but thats what he said

East London dealer told mate of mine all dealers were instructed to sell any Racings they had- that was about 6 month ago i think
                Dont think any Racings were built after late 2011- not sure but think some were sitting around waiting to be bought
                Thats also why the Loeb edition wasnt offered in the UK- they had too many Racings left. Got that from CUK when called them last year bout the Loeb.

I am surprised if any Racings are left to be sold bar the odd one in a dealership- and then the build date would be in excess of 12 month i reckon

Good reason to barter tho- build date
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 19-04-2013, 19:46.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

That's interesting to know probably why the dealer I got mine from were more than happy to offer me £5000 for my old C4 by loeb even after my local dealer had told me they couldn't go any higher than £4000

Comment

^

Thats because at a certain point Citroen where giving the dealer network some crazy support to liquidated unsold stock.

By the way the website in the OP post isn't that accurate as it mentions a car that never existed in the UK
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I went into my local Citroen dealer two weeks ago and was told they could get me a brand new R. :-\
                      May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                      October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                      Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by THP View Post
                        I went into my local Citroen dealer two weeks ago and was told they could get me a brand new R. :-\
                        Ask them the date of the build
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

And does it come with a spare engine
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Stay away from Racings unless you have a fat wallet and steel nerves.
                            They are falling apart.
                            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                            sigpic

Comment

When I was test driving DS3's before I bought mine last year the sales bloke advised me to not get the THP 150 engine as they appeared to have, in his words, 'some issues'.

Very happy with my diesel, hopefully will be less worry than a THP 150/155
                              Last edited by lfcrule1972; 25-04-2013, 21:20.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X