Engine problem/ecu update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine problem/ecu update

I recently experienced a slight hesitation issue under hard acceleration ( 60mph in 4th gear at i think around 3ooorpm ) engine flat out refused to pull and juddered slightly. I took it into the dealers and after checking the ecu they said there where 4 instances showing. So they have run a software update ( I didn't ask specifics at the time, but will do when it goes in for a service next month)

Now I don't know whether its me, or the fact that I have new front tyres or they have reduced the power but the engine doesn't feel so brutal and I am no longer experiencing any torque steer. Anyone else not getting torque steer after fitting new tyres? or do I need to worry that they have reduced my power output to protect against engine failure?

If they have reduced the power ( which I cannot believe they would do, or if that's even legal under the sale of goods act, as the vehicle would no longer fit the description)

Originally posted by Fuds View Post
    I recently experienced a slight hesitation issue under hard acceleration ( 60mph in 4th gear at i think around 3ooorpm ) engine flat out refused to pull and juddered slightly. I took it into the dealers and after checking the ecu they said there where 4 instances showing. So they have run a software update ( I didn't ask specifics at the time, but will do when it goes in for a service next month)

Now I don't know whether its me, or the fact that I have new front tyres or they have reduced the power but the engine doesn't feel so brutal and I am no longer experiencing any torque steer. Anyone else not getting torque steer after fitting new tyres? or do I need to worry that they have reduced my power output to protect against engine failure?

If they have reduced the power ( which I cannot believe they would do, or if that's even legal under the sale of goods act, as the vehicle would no longer fit the description)
    I think I read about this somewhere else on the forum? I have no proof about this, but would not be surprised if they did it. I had similar hesitation on high gear acceleration with power loss around 2800-3500rpm. My pistons did not have signs of knock so dunno what is happening inside cylinders during hesitation...
    Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
    ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X