Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at buying a Racing, tell me why i shouldn't.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at buying a Racing, tell me why i shouldn't.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at a DS3 Racing, and after reading everyones posts i thought I'd just ask;

Whats more likely to go wrong with the racing over the 1.6 THP DSport that i used to own?
    That had a rattle on the engine, but other than that never put a foot wrong. I dont want to buy into something thats going to give me a world of issues. If the racing is, i'll put my search back to the THP DSport.

Thanks for reading, and your help!

I'd highly recommend against it. I'd say around 50% of the members on here have had the common THP issues with their racings, a couple of complete engine failures.

I'm currently on my second THP and that's currently in the process of a full top end rebuild due to one of the pistons shattering.

When they run, they're a fun drive but when they inevitably go wrong you're going to be out of pocket and wishing you'd listened to my advice.

But that's just like.. My opinion, man.

Edit: Congratulations on your first post after being a member for such a long time
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Hey,

I am probably one of the most unfortunate Racing owners. It is a nice little car, but the engine is unreliable as stock.

I am not going to tell you not to buy it, but just want you to be aware that in case sh!t hits the fan and you are on your own as I was, a new engine costs ~8500e+labour.
      A lot of Racings suffer from engine breakdowns, the severity varies from small parts to complete engines.

In case you decide to go for it, just be prepared for anything so it won't be a complete surprise.
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

If you get one, will it be from a Citroen dealer and sold as 'new' even though it may have been built in 2011 ? If yes, you would get a warranty that should cover you if you don't mod it

That said, there have been a lot of issues with this and the THP 150 engine discussed here and on the internet so it might be worth considering the fun v the worry of owning one.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          If you get one, will it be from a Citroen dealer and sold as 'new' even though it may have been built in 2011 ? If yes, you would get a warranty that should cover you if you don't mod it

That said, there have been a lot of issues with this and the THP 150 engine discussed here and on the internet so it might be worth considering the fun v the worry of owning one.
          AFAIA Racings were built in a limited number back in 2010. I don't imagine any of the racings would have the 155.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

One thing you should be aware of is this recall for ECU and ignition coils.
            Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

1 post in over 30 months- cant see Hopkat coming back for a while for the responses LOL
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Oh.... 2010 ? So not only the oft considered 'troublesome' engine it would be sitting around for several years even registered as new ?

Chris - maybe they'll come back to see the responses here ?
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X