DS3-R Engine Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3-R Engine Issues

Well add me to the list of unhappy Racing owners with engine trouble!

My epic tale with Citroen Assist is below or if you don't have all day skip to the engine bit below the dots lol:

We were driving home from a family barbecue on Saturday evening and turned off the A1M onto a slip road - at which point the car dropped into limp mode and started flashing 'Engine Fault: Repair Needed' warnings at me.

I pulled over into a lorry bay just off the slip road and, as soon as I came to a stop, the car started juddering badly and sounded more like a Subaru than a Citroen when I tried revving it. So at 8.20pm, I pressed the Citroen Assist button and that's where my nightmare began!

Joanne at Citroen Assist told us we were in a potentially dangerous place to breakdown and that we would therefore be marked as a priority and someone sent out within the hour. And so we wait....

9.20pm - text from AA 'sorry we're delayed and won't be with you until 9.45pm.
    9.45pm - text from AA 'sorry.....won't be with you until 10.40pm
    10.40pm - text from AA 'sorry.....11.40pm :mad:

At this point I was getting pretty pissed off, so gave the button another push and was told by Citroen Assist that they were sorry 'bad weather conditions' were causing the delay.......erm it was 30 degrees on Saturday! Not a bit of bad weather in sight! But they confirmed it would be no later than 11.40pm and that a manager would call me back within 10 minutes to discuss my complaint.

11.40pm - text from AA 'sorry....12.20am'

Finally at 12.20am an AA van arrived - took one look at the car and said 'sorry mate can't tow that - you'll need a recovery truck cos of the front spoiler - they told me it was just a normal DS3'. And off he went with the promise that the truck would be with us by 1am at the very latest.

Still no truck by 2am so I pressed the magic button again and was told by some snotty little t**t who acted as if I was putting him about :mad: that someone would be with me by 2.20am at the latest, the non-existent bad weather was still causing delays, not their fault the AA were told the wrong make of car (erm yes it is!) and that the manager would get round to calling me.

2.20am the truck did arrive and thankfully towed me home - arrive at 2.40am after a wonderful 6 hour wait on a pitch black stretch of 'potentially dangerous' slip road.

No Citroen Assist manager called either - instead they got some poor scared sounding kid at the AA call centre to call and apologise for them - so I'll definitely be writing a formal complaint letter to Citroen! :mad:

-----------------

So saga over......car is in the garage....cylinder two is gone and I'm going to need a new engine after 2 and a half years owning the car. Thankfully under warranty!

But does anyone know how this new engine thing works:

- Does it come with additional warranty?
    - How does it affect the additional mileage on finance - as the engine won't have done the miles listed if I were to give it back at the end?

Apparently I'll be stuck in my miniature Peugeot hire car for at least another week while they try to see if an engine is available or whether they need to order one in.

So I'll keep you posted what happens.

Stuart
    Last edited by darths3; 10-07-2013, 12:39.

Oh sorry to hear about your issues Deffo get onto Citroen about it and all the delays/hassles you suffered....
    sigpic

Comment

- Does it come with additional warranty?
      - How does it affect the additional mileage on finance - as the engine won't have done the miles listed if I were to give it back at the end?

1. You can purchase an additional warranty through Citroen - I'd personally be thinking of getting rid as this issue is only going to occur again.

2. Your odometer won't be reset so your mileage should still register the same.

Unlucky
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Sorry to hear Darth- sounds a nightmare
        Wonder what engine they will put in? Check the date if you can!
        Cant see it being an upspecked THP
        How many miles had you done?- maybe use info in Ragnoraks thread to help if they get awkward

Sods law been discussing this today too- Racings seem bad hit. Shame. Manufacturing flaw?

PS - RAC me, thinking Green flag next. Half the price and much the same service- not sure bout call out wait tho
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

almost always that pesky #2 cylinder. Wonder why?
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thanks for replies guys!

Dangerousfish: I was already planning to get rid in September cos of all the issues I've seen other people having. Thought I'd get something new before my luck ran out - but sadly too late!

Chris_Blue: I'll definitely ask them about the engine date - the car has done 41k miles so far. I think it has to be a manufacturing flaw - especially with those rumours going round that the ECU update is possibly to reduce power to avoid this kind of thing happening.

cyclone: I wasn't in the least surprised when they said cylinder 2...I seem to remember reading about someone else (Alexmj1 maybe?) having the same issue!

Apparently they will get back to me by next Weds with details of when the engine will arrive - in the meantime tho this Peugeot is crap! Don't think it even knows what 60mph is and it guzzles fuel!

Comment

Ugh, gutted for you

Bet your heart sank when the Engine Fault light came on.

Keep us posted
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Hi sorry to hear that another one gone
                DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

sorry to hear mate, mind popped number 1 piston.

Comment

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
                    sorry to hear mate, mind popped number 1 piston.
                    I had piston two the first time round, piston one this time.

It isn't an issue though, it's a feature of the car according to Citroen.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                      I had piston two the first time round, piston one this time.

It isn't an issue though, it's a feature of the car according to Citroen.
                      you gotta laugh

Comment

Originally posted by alexmj1 View Post
                        you gotta laugh
                        If I wasn't out of pocket having bought a Citroen I probably would.

Worst car manufacturer I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. It's a shame because the car is extremely good to look at.
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

True... had a guy who owns an audi A4 S-line and he said he who love a racing when he saw mine.

Comment

Have you got yours back together yet fish? Been a while now

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                            Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                            White on red THP
                            Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                              Have you got yours back together yet fish? Been a while now

www.SPTuning.co.uk
                              Facebook.com/SPTuning.Ltd
                              Should be back on the road next week. -_-
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X