Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service in Suffolk Area

Hi.

I have been offered a service plan by a local dealer in Bury St Edmunds that works out at £26 a month over 3 years which will include 3 services on my DS3 Racing.

However, I know it's a completely different car but, my brother recently purchased a 2013 Limited Edition Vauxhall Corsa and was offered a service plan for £18 a month over 3 years which covers 3 services as well as little extras anytime like Oil changes etc.

I was wondering whether anyone had found a good deal on services in the Suffolk area. Whether it be a service plan or just paying per service. The service plan I was offered says that the services are around £350 each and likely to rise every year and that the service plan keeps them at this fixed price over 3 years. Has anyone found it cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Nearly a grand for 3 services ? lol It'd be cheaper to just have each service done by a Citroen dealer and pay there and then for it. Approx £200 each I'd guess.

Comment

The service plan (at whatever rate) is basically a way of locking you in to their service. You will find if a service comes earlier than the plan expects you will also have to pay the difference to "top it up." It's a bit like money in the bank with no interest and being tied in to one supplier. The only thing that can make that worthwhile is a healthy discount on the cost of the service. So check the real cost and see what discount rate they are applying. If it's zero then it's obvious what to do!

JB

Comment

Working...
      X