No announcement yet.

The r is in citroen after 3 weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have taken there advice in letting her warm up a tad before pulling away also they are going to do the plugs for free for me and in the last 3 days the car has been fine iv not noticed any blips or judders only me shamefully stalling it once XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's good news Cyber-I don't pull away for a least 1 minute after the engines started myself
      In this weather- scrape the windows, check the tyres etc etc.
      I'm a bit meticulous and check the oil level before every daily drive away too (Before engines started)
      Let us know how things go
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

When I got my Racing in August time, it was in Bury St Edmunds citroen after 3 days! I was learning to drive all over again (coming from my mums 1.5 diesel micra!) when I got the Engine failure messages. I had bought the car from chingford so thought we would try local first. The car still drove and operated fine, just had the annoying message. After about 5 days and lots of phone calls they eventually said they seemed to have fixed it. It seemed the turbo pipe was a bit lose, he said he just clicked it back on, road tested and she was happy again. Although I'm skeptical I haven't had any issues since. If you give her too much when she is cold then I do get slow response, bit of judder now and again. I let her warm up to the 6 o'clock position before any serious power input and she is fine. This model does seem to be a caged animal and if your a little too eager, she will bite you!

Comment

Originally posted by danieljnewman View Post
          This model does seem to be a caged animal and if your a little too eager, she will bite you!
          Cant beat a cheesy metaphor.

Comment

... It's not easy, being cheesy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Sonic View Post
              So citroen in bury have just called me and the got my car to replicate the problem and he answer was that it could be the spark plugs that need replacing but also some times when the cars are cold they can some times do that ....... Now to me that sounds like a we don't really know why it is doing it you would think it being a modern car that it would be better with the cold weather and that the automatic choke would work properly so is it a electrical problem ? I'm going to see the main tech a bit later hope he has a better answer for me than that

Is it Bury you are from Cyber? I haven't seen any racings around my patch.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
              Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
              Take a pride in your ride
              @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I believe Cyber is in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk and I'm in Sudbury, Suffolk. Then I think ds3r is in Woodbridge, Suffolk.

Comment

Hi yes am in Woodbridge ds3r
                  DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Seems Suffolk is the DS3 R capital of the country
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh yes
                      DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Wheres Suffolk
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yer I'm in bury also on the way back home from town today car was a good temp but had mega judder in 4th gear :S no lights have come on so still have warranty will wait it out till it dose happen or the garage will just give me bull again

Comment

Every time your car judders it's logged by the ECU so I would just take it back now. I'm almost certain as well when it's logged it takes a snapshot of everything else so should have evidence that the engine was up to temp!

Had this with my 150 thp - got rid of it as it wasn't resolved after 10 months.

Don't let them mess you about - get it booked in and insist on a courtesy car. Once you have that car then don't hand the keys back until you know it's fixed - this tends to make them move a bit quicker.

The best way to reproduce this is to WOT in 5th/6th gear at low revs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber_Sonic View Post
                              Yer I'm in bury also on the way back home from town today car was a good temp but had mega judder in 4th gear :S no lights have come on so still have warranty will wait it out till it dose happen or the garage will just give me bull again

Beginning of end. It was probably detonation.

Very likely software upgrade + proper cleaning of intake will fix it, for a while, til it comes back.
                              Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                              ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
                                Beginning of end. It was probably detonation.

Very likely software upgrade + proper cleaning of intake will fix it, for a while, til it comes back.
                                Full of good news again I see Rag, it could be something very simple that wont mean the "beginning of the end"
                                DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                                Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Working...
                                X