Kris Meeke keeps Citroen World Rally Championship drive for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kris Meeke keeps Citroen World Rally Championship drive for 2015

Kris Meeke will remain with Citroen for the 2015 World Rally Championship, it has been announced.

Meeke took four podiums this season - in Monte Carlo, Argentina, Finland and France - and also led rounds in Germany and Australia in his first full-season at the top level.

He also looked set for a fifth rostrum finish last weekend on Wales Rally GB, before slipping back to sixth after making a “silly mistake”.

The result though, was still sufficient to help ensure Citroen finished second in the Manufacturers' Championship.

“It is fantastic to have the opportunity to continue to work together,” said Meeke. “Since the end of last year, Citroen Racing has given me the chance to prove my worth. This first full season has been spent learning about the WRC. In the second half of the year, I was able to show part of my potential.

“There is room for improvement, but I now have some decent foundations to build on next year, in order to keep progressing.

“With experience, everything becomes that bit easier. I know the team well and we understand each other. I feel like I am part of the Citroen family!”

Citroen team principal Yves Matton has been impressed with Meeke's form and picked out Finland as a “turning point”.

“When we chose Kris Meeke for this season [after his two 'guest' outings in 2013], we took a bit of a gamble, but he has improved with pretty much every race and has now become a complete driver,” Matton stated.

“The real turning point was at Rally Finland. He adopted the right approach. He has managed to acquire experience throughout the season. He has shown that he not only has real pace, but that he can be more patient sometimes as well. Kris is a competitive driver on all surfaces, capable of being quick on tarmac and on gravel. This versatility is a real asset for Citroen Racing.”

In total Meeke scored 92 points this year with the DS3 WRC, finishing seventh in the Drivers' Championship, two spots behind team-mate Mads Ostberg, who notched up 108 points.

Meanwhile, Matton added that Meeke's team-mate will be announced “shortly”.

“The name of the second works driver for 2015 will be announced shortly, once we have finalised the various discussions that are still ongoing,” he confirmed.

Sources: Crash.net
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Great News!

Comment

Great to see Kris get his first WRC win in Argentina with Mads Ostberg coming in second.

http://www.citroenracing.com/en/2015...-in-argentina/
      Last edited by duddon girl; 27-04-2015, 13:03.

Comment

Was a good result! Lots of happy posts on Instagram about it

And in WRX - Solberg had a doo day
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
        X