Solberg & Doran Team up for SDRX Super Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solberg & Doran Team up for SDRX Super Team

It has been confirmed that Petter Solberg will be joining forces with Liam Doran for the upcoming 2015 FIA World Rallycross Championship season.

The newly formed Solberg Doran RallyX (SDRX) team will see the defending World Rallycross Drivers champion Petter ‘Hollywood’ Solberg and Liam ‘British Bomb’ Doran aiming for the team championship title which was last year was won by the OlsbergsMSE team and their drivers Andreas Bakkerud and Reinis Nittis.

Per-Espen Løchen from the SDRX team admitted at a press conference in Norway that it makes sense for the two drivers to join forces as the both run the same machinery and it doesn’t cost either of them anything extra.

The two drivers had very contrasting seasons in 2014, while Solberg took the title Doran was faced with a number of technical issues early in the season plus a ban which saw him sit out five races; Despite the issues Doran has proved that he is a hard charger in the past and will be looking to take full advantage of new opportunities ahead.

Solberg and Doran will have their own respective sponsor deals for the year ahead but do share some in common such as iON cameras.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

What do you get if you mix a double FIA World Champion, a multiple X-Games and European Rallycross winner, two 600bhp WorldRX Supercars and a whole load of M-Claw radness?

SDRX. That’s what.

For the 2015 FIA World Rallycross Championship, Petter Solberg and Liam Doran have joined forces to create the definitive dirt shredding, flame spitting, podium winning RX team.

The timing couldn’t be better, with Petter out to defend his 2014 World title, and Liam back in action after rollercoaster last season. We can’t wait to see how both racers will take the fight to the competition over the 13 scheduled stops on the 2015 FIA World Rallycross Championship.

“Defending the drivers’ title, and pushing for a team championship under SDRX feels like a dream come true,” said Petter Solberg. “I will of course continue with my engineers and mechanics to push as hard as I can to defend my drivers title. We have developed the car extensively, and I can’t wait to get out on track. We, as SDRX are a private team, but we have everything it takes and more to give the factory teams a huge fight for the main trophies.

“Since I’ve started in motorsport I’ve had one goal, which is to win. I’m extremely proud to have Monster Energy as one of my main partners – it’s going to be a very competitive year for sure, but together we can certainly fight for success. I’m also very excited to be joining forces with a talented RX driver like Liam Doran. He has worked hard over the winter to refocus, and has come back stronger from a very tough season in 2014. This really shows his motivation to want to fight back. I think the dynamic will work well between us this year.

“Its hard to express how much I am looking forward to getting back to racing this year,” a psyched Liam Doran told us. “It’s been one hell of a rollercoaster ride over the past twelve months, and now it’s time to put it all behind us and get back to racing and winning! Working alongside Petter is going to be a great experience for sure. His name and achievements go before him, and I think the dynamic between us will work really well. Obviously we will be fighting for every position at every race, but at the same time we’ll be able to race together to try and take the team championship.

“More wins and podiums are the short-term goals, but championships are always the end game you shoot for. I want to take the opportunity to say thank you to my sponsors and team for supporting me through last season. We’ve worked hard on a new chassis design for the car, and to improve the overall reliability, so now it’s time to get back in the driving seat and kick some ass.”

Just as they did last season, both Petter and Liam will be piloting custom designed and built Citroen DS3s in the Supercar class. However, don’t let the fresh paintwork fool you. It’s been a full-on winter of testing and development in the Solberg and Doran workshops. Both have made big tweaks to chassis, engine and suspension design to extract the most out of this season`s technical regulations.

Balance and reliability were the key watchwords; making sure both Citroen DS3’s can chew into the blacktop with every single ounce of power, while taking corners at full throttle, and leaving the competition in their dust.

So strap in, sit back, and hold on. The opening round of the 2015 WorldRX series will take place in Portugal later this month – on the 24-26 April. Make sure you also keep checking back regularly on http://www.rallycrossrx.com/ and http://www.monsterenergy.com for all the latest on how Petter and Liam take on the second edition of the most awesome FIA World Championship in existence.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

When it comes to licensing requirements, each state has its own rules and regulations. Some states require moving companies to obtain a separate license to operate within their state, Owens Cross Roads, AL Car Shippers

Comment

Working...
      X