Interesting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting?

Found this article http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...for-2017-glory and it got me thinking. How does this new C3 shape up against the DS3? Could there be a performance C3 model in the pipeline as some sort of "halo" model for a WRC car? If this was the case would it make a DS3 Performance a bit of an expensive option?

There will probably be a short run, analogous to the DS3 Racing, of a performance version, just enough to get it homologated for competition use.

Expect a new DS3, based on the new C3, some time after the C3 is announced.

Comment

Strange that this WRC seems to be a 3-door version. Will there be a 3-door C3 then?

Comment

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/citroen...ive-pictures#6

And to think some DS3 owners don't like the wheel arch gap
        sigpic

Comment

I'm nor sure that it's a three-door. The shape of the rear side window has been heavily disguised; I suspect that the rear door handles may be in the C pillar, similar to, among others, the DS4 (Alfa 147 was first, I believe).

As for Auto Express having "exclusive" access, other websites say that the pictures came from Citroen!

http://myinforms.com/en-us/a/3063018...ew-c3-wrc-car/

If you want to hear what it sounds like, see:

http://www.worldrallyblog.com/2016/0...rc-kris-meeke/

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            There will probably be a short run, analogous to the DS3 Racing, of a performance version, just enough to get it homologated for competition use.

Expect a new DS3, based on the new C3, some time after the C3 is announced.
            Rally rules haven't required homolgation specials for many years so the only rally themed ones you see are marketing choices.
            Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
            Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

There was the DS3 Loeb edition (2012), but this was France only, and it was extra/different trim on the exsisting Racing base.

The Limited run C2 Loeb (07-08) had the same BHP as the Code - as far as I know the trim is the only difference.

And the C4 Loeb train extra's a limited run

Seb being an incredibly well known house name, and not sure we would see a Meeke edition C3 arriving.

In the market (in my opinion) a big jump from the C3 (Family car) and the DS3. There isn't anything that is as well known as the fiesta ST for example.

In WRC the C3 takes on other hatchbacks and in real life, the Polo and fiesta would whizz past the C3 with the sportier options and tons more equipment.

Polo GTI - 192BHP
              Fiesta ST - 179bhp
              The Peugeot sharing the same engines as the DS3 - max 208bhp
              And the C3 with the 110 Puretech
              (might be better variations but I have limited time to replay @ work!)

The DS3 Performance is as good as you're going to get I think from DS, having said that they will not focus on the sportier grittier side. That and the separate brands would mean the DS Performance there is a real gap in the market for DS/CUK for a sporty hatchback the public know about or have grown up knowing about. Popping a WRC edition out there won't fill that gap missing for a respected sporty C3 from CUK. Just add ANOTHER edition to the long list....

The C3 Max is a nice looking rally car based in the C3 we know now.

My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

The reason that DS3 is no longer the rally car is because of the tie in with Virgin racing on the Formula E series.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                  The reason that DS3 is no longer the rally car is because of the tie in with Virgin racing on the Formula E series.
                  Or maybe because DS is now considered a separate brand so the DS3 is irrelevant to a Citroen rally programme? They are still doing a few WRC rounds with the DS3s this year, but their effort is being concentrated on developing next year's C3. I don't think Formula Milkfloat has any bearing on the rally effort.

Comment

WRX all the way!
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Or maybe because DS is now considered a separate brand so the DS3 is irrelevant to a Citroen rally programme? They are still doing a few WRC rounds with the DS3s this year, but their effort is being concentrated on developing next year's C3. I don't think Formula Milkfloat has any bearing on the rally effort.
                      Kind of got the idea, yes there are two Brands but for obvious reason the powers that don't want DS and Citroen competing against each other in the same sport
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Are you looking for an assignment help service? Then our platform is here where you can get excellent assignment papers. Our writers are specialized in writing having good skills in writing any type of papers. We know the techniques of writing. Our team of custom writers will help you throughout your project or final year’s assignments. As we know that some students are not smart enough to deal with some technical assignments. Our main motive is to guide students properly. If any of the students order from us we will help them as a tutor. We are providing academic services for more than 10 years. We will meet all targets within the given deadline. For more info contact us at buy assignment help services.

Comment

Originally posted by alvina4 View Post
                          are you looking for an assignment help service? Then our platform is here where you can get excellent assignment papers. Our writers are specialized in writing having good skills in writing any type of papers. We know the techniques of writing. Our team of custom writers will help you throughout your project or final year’s assignments. As we know that some students are not smart enough to deal with some technical assignments. Our main motive is to guide students properly. If any of the students order from us we will help them as a tutor. We are providing academic services for more than 10 years. We will meet all targets within the given deadline. For more info contact us at buy assignment help services.
                          get lost
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Come on admin - sort this constant spammers out - please!!!!!

Comment

But what about the additional services that can make your move even easier? One question that many people ask when they're planning a move is whether there are any additional services available, such as cleaning the old or new location. Combines Transport Prices

Comment

Working...
                              X