Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dani Sordo To Join Citroen Racing For 2013

From www.wrc.com:

Citroen has confirmed Dani Sordo will return to the team as a replacement for Sebastien Loeb in next year's FIA World Rally Championship.

The Spaniard is well known to the Versailles team, having contested 80 rounds of the world championship in a Citroen and driven for the factory squad for four years. Citroen announced its decision this morning.

Citroen team principal Yves Matton admitted it was Sordo’s six fastest times on last week’s Rally of Spain which convinced him - along with his nationality, which appeals to Citroen’s Spanish-speaking markets.

Matton said: “We took our time in assessing the potential of the drivers available to line-up alongside Mikko Hirvonen next season. Obviously, Dani was very high on our list and his performances at the Rally of Spain proved that he can still perform at the very highest level.

“Dani is very well liked in the team and it’s a pleasure for everybody to see him return to the family. His profile compliments Mikko’s in many aspect and it was important for Citroen to have a Latin driver for the southern Europe and Latin-American markets

Sordo said: “Obviously I am very pleased to rejoin a team with which I share so many good memories. This was my number one choice for 2013. The last few years have been good for me. In another team [Prodrive WRC Team] I got to grips with different working methods. I took on more responsibility in the car development process. I see this return to Citroen as a great opportunity. I am still looking for my first win in WRC and I am determined to secure it next season! I can't wait to see the people I know again and get back behind the wheel of the DS3 WRC, in which I did some testing at the end of 2010.”

After departing the Citroen Total World Rally Team at the end of 2010 to make way for Sebastien Ogier, Sordo joined the Prodrive WRC Team, taking an impressive three podium results from 13 starts in what was a brand new MINI John Cooper Works WRC.
    DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Sweet He'll fit right back in lol and he's been looking really good in the new mini. Even if he's got some big shoes to fill lol

Comment

Who?

Scuse the ignorance- who's e?
      What nationality?
      Met a real senior Manager in my mob yestday- was real impressed as I had my Welsh rally Lanyard on- He's Welsh
      Brownie points for me then (Thanks Citroen)
      CBLUE
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Scuse the ignorance- who's e?
        What nationality?
        CBLUE
        From Citroën Racings website:

Having driven for the Brand between 2005 and 2010, Dani Sordo has spent the majority of his WRC career with Citroën Racing. Alongside co-driver Carlos del Barrio, the 29 year-old Spaniard is set to rejoin the Citroën Total World Rally Team to compete in the 2013 World Rally Championship.

Dani Sordo has driven a Citroën in 80 of his 98 WRC rallies. Back in 2005, Yves Matton, the then Customer Racing Manager, entrusted a C2 Super 1600 to the Cantabria-born driver to take part in the J-WRC (Junior World Championship). After winning the title in his first season, Dani moved up a level by switching to the Xsara WRC for 2006.

With four podium finishes in his first season at the sport’s highest level, Dani earned his place in the Citroën Total World Rally Team when the works team returned to the World Championship with the C4 WRC. The next four years saw him rack up an impressive collection of 25 podium finishes, making a significant contribution to the team securing four Manufacturers’ World Championship titles.

2013 will therefore see the Spanish driver return to the team in which he grew up. “We took our time in assessing the potential of the drivers available to line up alongside Mikko Hirvonen next season. Obviously, Dani was very high on our shortlist and his performances at the Rally de Espana proved that he can still perform at the very highest level,” explained Yves Matton, Citroën Racing Team Principal. “Dani is very well liked in the team and it’s a pleasure for everyone to see him return to the ‘family’. His profile complements Mikko’s in many aspects and it was important for Citroën to have a Latin driver for the Southern Europe and Latin American markets.”

“Obviously, I’m very pleased to rejoin a team with which I share so many good memories. This was my no.1 choice for 2013,” asserted Dani. “The last few years have been good for me. In another team, I got to grips with different working methods and I took on more responsibility in the car development process. I see this return to Citroën as a great opportunity. I am still looking for my first win in WRC and I am determined to secure it next season! I can’t wait to see the people I know again and get back behind the wheel of the DS3 WRC, in which I did some testing at the end of 2010.”

DANI SORDO

- Born on May 2,1983 in Torrelavega (Cantabria, Spain)
        - First WRC rally: Spain 2003
        - WRC rallies: 98
        - Podium finishes: 32

2005 : Junior World Rally Champion (Citroën C2 Super 1600) – 4 wins
        2006 : 5th in the World Rally Championship (Citroën Xsara WRC) – 4 podium finishes
        2007 : 4th in the World Rally Championship (Citroën C4 WRC) – 7 podium finishes
        2008 : 3rd in the World Rally Championship (Citroën C4 WRC) – 6 podium finishes
        2009 : 3rd in the World Rally Championship (Citroën C4 WRC) – 7 podium finishes
        2010 : 5th in the World Rally Championship (Citroën C4 WRC) – 5 podium finishes
        2011 : 8th in the World Rally Championship (Mini JCW WRC) – 2 podium finishes
        2012 : 11th in the World Rally Championship (Mini JCW & Ford Fiesta RS WRC) – 1 podium finish

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
          From Citroën Racings website:

Having driven for the Brand between 2005 and 2010, Dani Sordo has spent the majority of his WRC career with Citroën Racing. Alongside co-driver Carlos del Barrio, the 29 year-old Spaniard is set to rejoin the Citroën Total World Rally Team to compete in the 2013 World Rally Championship.

Dani Sordo has driven a Citroën in 80 of his 98 WRC rallies. Back in 2005, Yves Matton, the then Customer Racing Manager, entrusted a C2 Super 1600 to the Cantabria-born driver to take part in the J-WRC (Junior World Championship). After winning the title in his first season, Dani moved up a level by switching to the Xsara WRC for 2006.

With four podium finishes in his first season at the sport’s highest level, Dani earned his place in the Citroën Total World Rally Team when the works team returned to the World Championship with the C4 WRC. The next four years saw him rack up an impressive collection of 25 podium finishes, making a significant contribution to the team securing four Manufacturers’ World Championship titles.

2013 will therefore see the Spanish driver return to the team in which he grew up. “We took our time in assessing the potential of the drivers available to line up alongside Mikko Hirvonen next season. Obviously, Dani was very high on our shortlist and his performances at the Rally de Espana proved that he can still perform at the very highest level,” explained Yves Matton, Citroën Racing Team Principal. “Dani is very well liked in the team and it’s a pleasure for everyone to see him return to the ‘family’. His profile complements Mikko’s in many aspects and it was important for Citroën to have a Latin driver for the Southern Europe and Latin American markets.”

“Obviously, I’m very pleased to rejoin a team with which I share so many good memories. This was my no.1 choice for 2013,” asserted Dani. “The last few years have been good for me. In another team, I got to grips with different working methods and I took on more responsibility in the car development process. I see this return to Citroën as a great opportunity. I am still looking for my first win in WRC and I am determined to secure it next season! I can’t wait to see the people I know again and get back behind the wheel of the DS3 WRC, in which I did some testing at the end of 2010.”

DANI SORDO

- First WRC rally: Spain 2003
          - WRC rallies: 98
          - Podium finishes: 32

2005 : Junior World Rally Champion (Citroën C2 Super 1600) – 4 wins
          2006 : 5th in the World Rally Championship (Citroën Xsara WRC) – 4 podium finishes
          2007 : 4th in the World Rally Championship (Citroën C4 WRC) – 7 podium finishes
          2008 : 3rd in the World Rally Championship (Citroën C4 WRC) – 6 podium finishes
          2009 : 3rd in the World Rally Championship (Citroën C4 WRC) – 7 podium finishes
          2010 : 5th in the World Rally Championship (Citroën C4 WRC) – 5 podium finishes
          2011 : 8th in the World Rally Championship (Mini JCW WRC) – 2 podium finishes
          2012 : 11th in the World Rally Championship (Mini JCW & Ford Fiesta RS WRC) – 1 podium finish
          Hi ARLOW- Hope alls well with you- U got a shorter answer?
          CBLUE
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            Hi ARLOW- Hope alls well with you- U got a shorter answer?
            CBLUE
            Just for you Chris

DANI SORDO

Comment

Doh!

Ah- thats better- oh him. Of COURSE
              Now I get it:redface:
              E wont win nuffin
              Thank you very, very, much ARLOW
              CBLUE
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I reckon he will win more than Hirvonen :0)

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
                  I reckon he will win more than Hirvonen :0)
                  I reckon you're right

The good news is I can finally wear that Dani Sordo cap the dealer gave me last year when I picked my car up

Comment

Originally posted by Arlow View Post
                    I reckon you're right
                    Doubt it
                    CBLUE
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                    X