oil catch can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil catch can

Seen a fair few have oil catch cans fitted to they 155thp .. have seen forge do the kit but it also has a eye watering price.. I know I need 1.. but is the forge 1 a wast or wearth it's money? Or any where else I can get 1 that is made for ds3

There's quite a few links at the bottom of this page that will be a good place to start, searching for 'catch can' top right should also reveal details of where others bought theirs from
    sigpic

Comment

Forge is waaaaay overpriced- you could put a reasonable catch can in for, say, £80 if you like, including pipe, adaptors and can.
      Think forge is £300 and mounted above the air box. Money for old rope that
      All my stuff was about £120 and fitted it myself- fairly easy TBH. Quality catch can too

There is no "DS3" catch can. All generic
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

I don't mind paying over the odds if it done it's job.. but is it not good it being mounted ontop... Guessing it has to be lower than the pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_dsport View Post
          I don't mind paying over the odds if it done it's job.. but is it not good it being mounted ontop... Guessing it has to be lower than the pipe?
          Its certainly helpful to be level or lower, but almost all would be caught in the collecting material in the catch can (Like a scourer)
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks it's given me other options anyway only liked that one as it was made to bolt on sort of thing... Have to have a good think now and a good look round.on the net see what I can pick up

Comment

The one I have ( and a couple of other members) is designed for the Cooper S and came from the US. Very well made and easy to fit.
              http://www.bshspeedshop.com/bshstore...Catch-Can.html
              Thanks again to Cyclone for putting me onto this.
              Last edited by Superfly Guy; 10-06-2014, 18:53.

Comment

Mine was the Saikou-Michi catch can 19mm outlets (as per DS3), with sight tube, bought form a UK Supplier, imported from good ole USofA
                Will go see if on ebay still- but have the suppliers email anyways
                This is the one if the link works, and explains the construction of the can:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Internally...item4614abdbb5
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 10-06-2014, 19:21.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thank you both for alternative options

Comment

I have recently been looking at this http://www.radiumauto.com/Universal-...-Kit-P189.aspx for a duel can setup.
                    Originally posted by cyclone
                    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                    Originally posted by Broda
                    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                      I have recently been looking at this http://www.radiumauto.com/Universal-...-Kit-P189.aspx for a duel can setup.
                      That looks like a good setup, are you going to get it?
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                        Does look good. Got to add the drain cocks to the price, and obviously theres has to be enough room to put it somewhere
                        Better than both PCVs pipes going into one can

And at 7/8th of an inch- bigger than the 19mm top PCV pipe connection
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                          And at 7/8th of an inch- bigger than the 19mm top PCV pipe connection
                          They also have an assortment of fittings for the cans depending on your needs.

Patrick, I am not sure. May also be getting another car in next 6 months to year
                          Last edited by cyclone; 11-06-2014, 09:05.
                          Originally posted by cyclone
                          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                          Originally posted by Broda
                          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

What you getting Cyclone?
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                            X