Dump valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump valve

Forge do a dump valve and I think it's a re circulation valve what's the difference or perks of them? Must admit love the sound of a dump valve

The open one more noise, that is the only difference between them.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I'm sure about the forge value but generally a "dump value" vents excess boost pressure to atmosphere (Looses boost), while a re-circulation value maintains the boost in the system. We never run dump values on race engines as it wastes boost, on a road car you might notice slightly longer turbo lag between gears but I do mean "might notice".

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan0 View Post
        I'm sure about the forge value but generally a "dump value" vents excess boost pressure to atmosphere (Looses boost), while a re-circulation value maintains the boost in the system. We never run dump values on race engines as it wastes boost, on a road car you might notice slightly longer turbo lag between gears but I do mean "might notice".
        I though it's the way around? When you have more boost dump prevents compressor surge and enables the turbo to keep spinning
        Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
        ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
          I though it's the way around? When you have more boost dump prevents compressor surge and enables the turbo to keep spinning
          My understanding is the same as MadMan's.

The recirc should hold a small amount of air used to spool the turbo and help reduce lag whereas the atmospheric one simply dumps the air.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            My understanding is the same as MadMan's.

The recirc should hold a small amount of air used to spool the turbo and help reduce lag whereas the atmospheric one simply dumps the air.
            Could be, there seems to be many opinions about this. In reality the only noticeable difference is noise.
            ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
              In reality the only noticeable difference is noise.
              This.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                This.
                I rest my case.

sigpic

Comment

Tssssssssssssss!
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

A recirc valve is basically the same thing, just that it dumps air back into intake rather than to atmosphere.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_fG_b65WiU
                    White on red THP
                    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                      A recirc valve is basically the same thing, just that it dumps air back into intake rather than to atmosphere.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_fG_b65WiU
                      Saw that a while ago but couldn't for the life of me remember who did it. Nice one.
                      May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                      October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                      Instagram @adamds3

Comment

The only difference between a recirc valve and a dump valve is that with a recirc valve, people wont mind being seen in your car.

Comment

Working...
                        X