After market rear parking sensors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market rear parking sensors.

I was thinking of fitting after marker rear parking sensors to my wife 14 plate Ds3. Will this void the warranty. I fitted some to my C4 and spliced into the reversing lamp. As the car is only 3 month old, I dont want to void anything.

Gary.

Had them fitted (As werent original on my DSport) as an aftermarket addition- Citroen fitted them.
    It will help your insurance, but check with Citroen dealer first, but cant see a problem.
    Or get Citroen to fit them
    £250 all in, mine were (They didnt charge as was a condition of purchase) and they are reeeeeal good. Saved a few scrapes
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sensors not working

Hi

I have a slightly different problem but wondered in anyone had any ideas as to what is causing it. My DS3 was put on a diagnostic machine as the reverse parking sensors stopped working. Two new sensors were installed. Now the sensors work when I set off on a journey but by the time I get there they have stopped working! The mechanic has checked the wiring but says he can find anything wrong and is at a loss what to do next! Grateful for any ideas. Garry

Comment

Hi Garry (wrong spelling lol ). Your better starting a new thread in the DS3 Technical section. That way people will see your title and hopefully reply.

Gary.

Comment

Thanks Gary (odd spelling that!) lol

Will do. Thanks.

Garry

Comment

As a condition of sale (Haggling lol) one of the things I insisted Citroen dealer provided on my new 155, 22months ago, was reversing sensors
            They supplied them as aftermarket sensors- and they were great for 20 months

The system now works only 50% of the time, when it either works, or there is a constant beep for about 3 seconds, then they don't work at all
            Will certainly take this up with the dealer, but would the car warranty cover this, as obvs the car warranty itself is 3 years.... but what about aftermarket stuff they installed as a condition of sale?

Any idea- no doubt I will argue the warranty should be 3 years

Yep- have washed the sensors carefully and thoroughly several times
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Parking sensors just seem scrap! My cars not 12 months old yet and in the past 3 months its been back with Citroen 5 times just for the rear sensors and I'm awaiting a call to book it in again when a part arrives!

Comment

That's naff Shauna.
                Dealer told me to check the connectors behind the 5 pence piece sensors on back bumper
                Otherwise they will have a look as wires and gearsticks were mentioned

Anyone know how easy to get to the connections for the reversing sensor wire in the gearbox?
                Could it be tackled from gearstick area?
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

The sensors came in mine as standard, working so far so good. 62 plate. Still working after fitting an aftermarket head unit with the correct connects2 adapter. Although with a different beep.. ha.

Comment

I bought cheap less than £15 aftermarket ones for my C4 and have had no problems in 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X