Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powdercoating Bellone wheels

Hi,

Recently put a deposit down on a 110 Dsport. First thing I noticed was the corroded Bellone wheels, all 4

I brought this to the attention of the salesman and the branch manager, the manager would not accept that it wasn't purely corrosion its own and blamed it on kerbing, which IMO was not true.

Anyway the salesman suggested that the wheels could be powedercoated as part of the sale. I accepted this offer as the wheels were ruining the look of the car.

Thinking now that the wheels will be completely black which means losing the diamond cut effect which I thought suited the wheels and the car.

Whats your opinions on this? Any pictures of a completely balck Bellone?

Cheers

The wheels should have been replaced under Citroen warranty. Corrosion is corrosion, covering it up wont get rid of it.

Comment

^ Yep this, CUK have agreed to quite a few replacements for owners with corroded Bellones
      sigpic

Comment

Ive seen red powder coated Bellones and they looked pretty good, so it can be done
        And the diamond cut design was left intact too.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Check the warranty time and if there's any left, you should be able to get them replaced. My dealership did all 4 of mine.
          I've got more corrosion now from a tyre fitting garage damaging the wheels and I'm thinking of powdercoating mine as a repair and to stop it happening again but they're white so the silver bits aren't that noticeable anyway.
          May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
          October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
          Instagram @adamds3

Comment

The car is out of warranty now and the branch manager was very reluctant to take on the claim that they were corroded, simply saying that it was caused by kerbing by previous owner.

Regarding covering it up, surely if they are sandblasted the corrosion is then removed fully with no threat of it recurring unless the powdercoated layer is damaged?

Comment

If they won't do anything about it, you could use it as a haggling point. Ask for a bit of discount because you need to pay to repair them.

As long as the corrosion is properly removed and dealt with, the powdercoating should protect them for the future. The problem seems to be the diamond cut bits. A friend of ours said he'd had the same problem on Mercedes alloys with diamond cut bits.
              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

The normal corrosion problem area on the bellones is around the center cap area so that would have to have been one brobdingnagian kerb!
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  The normal corrosion problem area on the bellones is around the center cap area so that would have to have been one brobdingnagian kerb!
                  This.

If the corrosion you see is around the outer edge then it is more than likely kerbing. I doubt they will totally powder-coat the whole of the wheels black. The right thing to do would be to take it to a refurber that does diamond cutting to ensure it's it done to OEM spec.

Comment

I wasn't aware the wheel was diamond cut, something that I wasn't able to discuss with the dealer.

I am only assuming that the wheel will now be totally blacked out erasing the diamond cut oem effect.

Comment

Powdercoated wheels look good!

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Last edited by DT757; 25-07-2014, 23:38.

Comment

What colour is the car?
                        You could have the wheels done in black and fit some rim protectorsin the cars colour - that would break up the blackness - or you could have them done gunmetal

Comment

Originally posted by DT757 View Post
                          Powdercoated wheels look good!

[IMG][/IMG]
                          I really like those👍
                          Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                          Take a pride in your ride
                          @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Yeah those look good, you could add a set of alloygators in red to them. That would look smart.
                            DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

If you had any sense you'd request to have them done properly on a diamond cut lave. That's what I did and it looks new!

Comment

Working...
                              X