Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED bulbs, good old h7 xenon bulbs or HID kit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED bulbs, good old h7 xenon bulbs or HID kit ?

Wanting to change my headlight bulbs to get rid of the awful yellow light, heard people saying that h7 xenon bulbs look good but dont give off much light, anyone on here used the LED bulbs or HID kit?

From memory (a search might turn up the threads ) a few owners have fitted HID kits, I'm sure they're illegal and potential MOT fails in the UK so you'd need to bear that in mind

I'm currently running Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs, like the brightness but don't expect them to last much longer than a year...
    sigpic

Comment

Do the bulbs you've got fitted make any difference to the appearance of the car? I mean in terms of does the colour of the light produced look any less yellow?

Comment

The current Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited are much cleaner light, but they'll never be ultra white or blue-ish like the HID kits. They're good enough for me though
        sigpic

Comment

Do you have a picture of them running at night?

Comment

Hi Mate ive got 8000k Xenon HIDs in my DS3 and they look fab!! I put a link to the ones i bought on my thread

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....d-Lights-8000k

Comment

Although they look a million miles better than standard, I'd rather not use HIDs...any recommendations as to what bulbs I can put in that'll make them a white colour but are actually legal?=D

Comment

I've done a bit of research and HIRs seem to be a good bet. Apparently they produce 75% of the brightness of HIDs (although I don't believe everything I read) Any experience with them?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones55 View Post
                  Do you have a picture of them running at night?
                  I don't currently, now it's dark in the evenings I will try and get a few for you and post them up.
                  sigpic

Comment

Although they look a million miles better than standard, I'd rather not use HIDs...any recommendations as to what bulbs I can put in that'll make them a white colour but are actually legal?=D
                    I can totally see where your coming from. I just like to chance my arm. Ill let yous know if i get stopped haha! :P

Comment

I mentioned previously about HIRs, are they worth it over and above just a standard halogen bulb?

Comment

I mentioned previously about HIRs, are they worth it over and above just a standard halogen bulb?
                        I would say they were. If youre worried about the glare or them being too bright dip your headlights down and you'll be fine!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
                          I would say they were. If youre worried about the glare or them being too bright dip your headlights down and you'll be fine!
                          Alright cheers cameron. Do you run HIRs?

Comment

I have h7 xenons and I love them. They give plenty of light, and as long as the angle of the beams is set up correctly, you wont be hearing complaints from other drivers. I've never had any.
                            Of course when I have to get the car checked (like your MOT's) I have to put the old bulbs in, but that's done in 5mins. And that first "MOT" is another 2.5y away anyway..

Comment

Alright cheers cameron. Do you run HIRs?
                              I sure do! ill link the images to mine below:

http://imgur.com/a/a8yhf
                              http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....d-Lights-8000k

Comment

Working...
                              X