Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenon HID Head Lights 8000k

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would post a thread on here to show everyone my new Xenon headlights and 3D tail lights.

Images for both: http://imgur.com/a/a8yhf

The HID Head Lights were bought off of Ebay for £30 apparently there was a sale on! Ill post a link to them below. Shipping was fast and they were extremely easy to install. The only issue I had was mounting the ballasts. I couldn't find a suitable location but in the end I managed to find one (see pictures).

My DS3 came with the standard tail lights. I set out to find a pair of those 3D ones on eBay and Gumtree. After months of looking about i finally found someone who was selling a drivers side light for £45. I then proceeded to find the passenger side light. After another few weeks i seen someone selling one on eBay starting bit £0.99. No one else bided on it so i snapped up a bargain there.

The only thing wrong with the lights is that one has a tiny crack in it (doesn't let water in and hard to see) and the other has a small chip that i fixed with some clear silicone.

Link for HIDs: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANBUS-PRO...item2ec78e0502
    Overall very happy with my modifications. Still need to change my sidelights but ill save that for another day

Says not suitable on 59 plate or newer, your car must be newer than that, you will have to let us know if you get any problems? looks good though
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

HIDs for £30? That's very cheap! Mine (4500K) were €250 if I remember correctly. But I'm still happy with them. You should also change your parking lights to matching LED's, gotta get rid of all the yellowish lights

Comment

8000k?? They must be really blue? Like illegal looking blue?

4300k is perfect xenon temp IMO.
        BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Yeah they are really blue. The pictures don't show it well. HIDs are illegal but ive not been pulled over yet! ill keep you updated

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
            HIDs for £30? That's very cheap! Mine (4500K) were €250 if I remember correctly. But I'm still happy with them. You should also change your parking lights to matching LED's, gotta get rid of all the yellowish lights
            Yeah they are very cheap price wise but with regards to quality they are excellent! I bought new ones which said they were blue but they are horrible! anyone recommend some decent blue LED lights?

Comment

Changed my bulbs today and got the little blue bulbs side lights I think , had a look and it doesn't look like a straight swap can the original bulbs be removed or are they a complete unit thanks.

Comment

blinding.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
                  Hey everyone,

Just thought I would post a thread on here to show everyone my new Xenon headlights and 3D tail lights.

Images for both: http://imgur.com/a/a8yhf

The HID Head Lights were bought off of Ebay for £30 apparently there was a sale on! Ill post a link to them below. Shipping was fast and they were extremely easy to install. The only issue I had was mounting the ballasts. I couldn't find a suitable location but in the end I managed to find one (see pictures).

My DS3 came with the standard tail lights. I set out to find a pair of those 3D ones on eBay and Gumtree. After months of looking about i finally found someone who was selling a drivers side light for £45. I then proceeded to find the passenger side light. After another few weeks i seen someone selling one on eBay starting bit £0.99. No one else bided on it so i snapped up a bargain there.

The only thing wrong with the lights is that one has a tiny crack in it (doesn't let water in and hard to see) and the other has a small chip that i fixed with some clear silicone.

Link for HIDs: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANBUS-PRO...item2ec78e0502
                  Overall very happy with my modifications. Still need to change my sidelights but ill save that for another day
                  Why not just put LED sidelights and Osram H7 55watt night breakers in that are legal and won't get you pulled over fella?
                  Last edited by Saintsteve; 22-11-2014, 18:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Saintsteve View Post
                    Why not just put LED sidelights and Osram H7 55watt night breakers in that are legal and won't get you pulled over fella?
                    Exactly what Ive done :-)
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                    X