THP Superchip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP Superchip

Anyone on here used a Bluefin superchip or similar on there THP 155, I know bluefins are menty be good on fords but not heard of anyone using them on any other cars, I would remap the car but don't want to lose my warranty and I am lead to believe that the dealership cant tell if there was a superchip on the car if you remove it before taking it in for anything under warranty.

I think it depends on the age of the car, IIRC some of the older THPs can be remapped through the ODB port but the newer ones need to be accessed directly on the chip. Jamie at SP Tuning is the man to speak to.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

What are the claims for the Superchip? - there was a Racing on here that had one... took him up to 240BHP i think
      He sold it a while back- reverted to standard. Never said why.......
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Mine is the 155 not the racing, the chip was claiming an extra 42 bhp and 55nm which seems a bit much

Comment

Originally posted by philt91 View Post
          Mine is the 155 not the racing, the chip was claiming an extra 42 bhp and 55nm which seems a bit much
          I had 191BHP on my previous THP 150 with just a remap, but was claimed i would get close to 200BHP.. which i didnt obvs- just add a performance air filter, but doubt you would get to 197BHP without bigger bore exhaust and sports Cat.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            I had 191BHP on my previous THP 150 with just a remap, but was claimed i would get close to 200BHP.. which i didnt obvs- just add a performance air filter, but doubt you would get to 197BHP without bigger bore exhaust and sports Cat.
            Yeah i would change the air filter, dont really wanna touch the exhaust until after warranty runs out, i have seen claims of 210 with air filter and exhaust system with sports cat, so 195-200 should b obtainable with an airfilter and superchip which should both be easy to change back out to standard if i need any warranty work

Comment

Warranty is only voided on the exhaust if you fit an aftermarket- i checked with Citroen. In fact a bigger bore exhaust and sports Cat is better for the engine than OEM.

The only problem with just the chip and air filter, is you will probably be maxing out the Turbo boost pressure to run %100, which may not help the Turbo if you are keeping the car for the long haul. Maybe a little less power, and not max the boost pressure? Just a thought.
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Warranty is only voided on the exhaust if you fit an aftermarket- i checked with Citroen. In fact a bigger bore exhaust and sports Cat is better for the engine than OEM.
                My warranty is though parks motor group not Citroen themselves so i will need to check with them, i know most garages that offer warranty are very stingy about it n the second ye change a thing they void your full warranty
                Last edited by philt91; 23-10-2014, 14:57.

Comment

^ Fair comment, but if they blame engine problems on a bigger bore pipe and more free flowing catalytic converter with me and voided the whole car warranty, I would be most unhappy and consider my options, if you get my drift. LOL

Ed- My Bastuck 63.5 mm resonated exhaust and Milltek Sports Cat, + air filter took me from 154 to 166 BHP. That might be more now too after 18month and the cars settled in
                  Last edited by Chris_Blue; 23-10-2014, 14:56.
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Although there is a Superchips remap for the THP there isn't a Bluefin. The Bluefin is the hand held gun which you plug into the ODB port in the car and you can install and remove the map DIY style. With the Superchips remap you have to either go to their headquarters in Buckingham or use one of there dealers.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Teamtorquesteer View Post
                      Although there is a Superchips remap for the THP there isn't a Bluefin. The Bluefin is the hand held gun which you plug into the ODB port in the car and you can install and remove the map DIY style. With the Superchips remap you have to either go to their headquarters in Buckingham or use one of there dealers.
                      Aw i thought it was same kind of thing as bluefin and tuning box's where ye do it yourself, are there any like bluefin for the ds3 thp engine ?

Comment

I've not seen anyone post any details of a Bluefin or similar for the DS3
                        sigpic

Comment

Think you can have do it yourself remaps- maybe etuners? Thinks theres a tool now out.
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

The only problem with just the chip and air filter, is you will probably be maxing out the Turbo boost pressure to run %100, which may not help the Turbo if you are keeping the car for the long haul. Maybe a little less power, and not max the boost pressure? Just a thought.
                            I wouldn't touch a Superchips remap with a barge poll...
                            Absolutely shocking remaps, had one on my VW golf Mk5 and there maps are purely aimed for a huge torque spike, which gives you the feel of a huge shove above stock, but in reality it's terrible to put the power down with a front wheel drive car, your better looking at a more progressive remap which allows even power flow.Boosting the turbo to a high PSI is not good for the life of your turbo..

Decat the stock exhaust or put an aftermarket downpipe like Milltek or BCS if they make one for citroen would be my advise.

Comment

I suggest you either go to SPTuning for proper remap on dyno or get etuners DIY remap kit if you want to do it yourself.
                              Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
                              ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X