Homemade custom intake THP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade custom intake THP

Thought would put a post up about the custom intake a made with some bit lying about. also a small guide

had a piece off 90 degree intake pipe of an old car lying about. cut it down a bit for it to be able to fit in the available space. then heated the rubber on the filter up to be able to get it to fit.

1st remove the top air intake. there is small plastic push clip at the top that holds in the where the hole is now

then remove the pipe underneath it twists out from the left hand side and pulls up and out on the right.

you have to remove the piece that holds the 2 pipes in place. there is a small push clip below the cable in the pic (sorry that not a great pic)

I then removed the pipe that going from the airbox to the turbo. the pic didnt save to explain this. you have to loosen the 2 jubilee clips, then the breather clip from the top of the rocker cover and one to the right off the pipe.
    was then able to fit the filter on, i secured it with a jubilee clip. there are clip ties also holding it although it shouldnt come off.

***edit*** forgot to say that i removed the oem filter at this point.

put the airbox to turbo pipe back on and then it was cup-o-tea time

a short video of the noise you need to turn it up to get the full sound. you can hear the turbo spooling when under load a low speeds .i also have the dump valve adapter fitted

wee quick shiny pic at the garage
    Last edited by shifta; 30-10-2014, 09:50.

i might be mistaken but you running basically 2 air filters now? as the factory air box is still in place?

Comment

sorry forgot to say that i took the oem filter out

Comment

ok cool,nice work ,actually want to give it a try , and the breather pipes are just left , as in not plugged into
        anything?

Comment

the breather pipes are still connected on the top pipe

Comment

awesome thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shifta View Post
              sorry forgot to say that i took the oem filter out
              the filter is out but the box is still in place right?

Comment

yeah chum

Comment

Working...
                X