Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an LED strip?

Hi
    I am a driving instructor, so at this time of year trying to teach reversing in the dark isn't easy.
    So I was thinking can I attach an LED strip to the lower rear bumper, so that when reverse is selected the LED strip lights up the kerb line.

How easy would this be?
    And how would I go about it?
    DS3 DSport 120 Blue HDI - Belle-ile Blue with Black Roof

Is not learning to reverse in the dark a good idea?
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Shouldn't be too difficult. Just need to tap into the reverse light wire and split it to both the LED strip and normal reverse light

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
        Is not learning to reverse in the dark a good idea?
        It is a good idea, but when you cant see the kerb your reversing around, it doesnt make for an easy lesson, baring in mind they have to be accurate, if nothing to see, then accuracy as you can imagine isnt going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclopops View Post
          It is a good idea, but when you cant see the kerb your reversing around, it doesnt make for an easy lesson, baring in mind they have to be accurate, if nothing to see, then accuracy as you can imagine isnt going to happen.
          I can see your point, do they do tests in the dark these days?
          DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
          Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
            I can see your point, do they do tests in the dark these days?
            No tests during dark hours, but I have plenty of pupils who only ever have lessons after 5, so at this time of year, light isnt so good.

Comment

I'm totally with you on this one! That and making the footwell lighting a tad brighter or changing it to a whiter light would be useful!
              BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
                I'm totally with you on this one! That and making the footwell lighting a tad brighter or changing it to a whiter light would be useful!
                Footwell is just bulbs I believe. Just get brighter ones

Comment

today i had a lokk at the rear light where the wireing plug for the reaer lights/reverse light is, but couldnt see which wires i need to use for the reverse light to engage my LED strip.
                  can anyone shed any light on this please (no pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by cyclopops View Post
                    today i had a lokk at the rear light where the wireing plug for the reaer lights/reverse light is, but couldnt see which wires i need to use for the reverse light to engage my LED strip.
                    can anyone shed any light on this please (no pun intended)
                    I'd imagine you could probably work it out with a multi-meter. Just see which wire has an increase when reverse is engaged.

Re: footwell lights, you can try swapping out bulbs but the caps covering the lights might mean this is a pointless excercise. Another LED strip in the footwell does the job perfectly.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                    X