Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual or Single Oil Catch Can setup?

Hi,

I have a 150THP Sport, last thing I want is carboned up inlet valves, so that got me thinking, how effective is an OCC from the rear of the engine into the inlet or should I just PCV delete it with the caps and go with the exhaust breather OCC instead as a single unit?

If you have a dual OCC, which collects the most oil, is it the inlet or exhaust breathers?

Finally if I do delete the rear inlet PCV would the increase in pressure blow the gaskets or does it just increase the pressure on right hand exhuast breather pipe (which would need connected to an OCC for sure)?

Newbie on this OCC stuff and yes I did search the forum, but these questions unanswered.

Thanks for any help or advice, photos of the installs would be appreciated
    Temporary Car -Toyota Aygo
    New Car - Nissan Pulsar 1.6 Techna with forward radar, heated seats, 360 around view, full leather, reverse, front and side cameras, start stop, sat nav, cruise, active city brake, lane departure warning, self parking,everything but make the morning tea!
    The Yellow "menace" - DS3 Dsport Plus 1.6 THP 150 - Sport Yellow/Black Roof/Chrome Mirrors - SOLD

PCV delete on the rear isnt seen as the best thing nowadays
    Would opt for Catch can both front and rear, but doubt even this will stop carbonisation, but it will certainly help
    Rear PCV delete may cause more issues
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
    X