mods and insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mods and insurance

contacted my insurance company re fitting bc coilovers they wanted to know full specs etc once I find that out they will pass to underwriters how much have mods cost other members?

Originally posted by Jabber View Post
    contacted my insurance company re fitting bc coilovers they wanted to know full specs etc once I find that out they will pass to underwriters how much have mods cost other members?
    I paid less than £70 for all my mods declared and that was a much bigger list than just coilovers. Dependant on your age, I wouldn't expect it to be too much.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

50BHP increase on my THP150 cost about £50
      Not worth not telling them - although i know a few on here didnt advise their insurance they were remapped, had major collisions, and nobody was the wiser (as its not a visual modification- they would be noticed)
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Re-map costs me about £25 year extra these days on a policy which is already cheap.

JB

Comment

Bit irrelevant but I feel like a rant ^_^
          In my exp insurance in general is rubbish at the moment.
          Regardless to whether you follow their rules they do everything possible to avoid paying out for claims unless it benefits them.
          E.g. Flat recently flooded, cleared covered by the policy... Except, the definition of a "flood"...
          Like wise, minor incident on the room, reported, no claim made in the end, insurance costs shoot up...
          The insurance industry needs a kick up the arse...

Rant over...

Comment

mods and insurance

I think your rant is relevant to yourself and you may have good reason to feel personally aggrieved with your particular situations but a close friend of mine, (no more details to be divulged) applied for car insurance with LV and stated he had no points on his licence.

Obviously he forgot to mention about the 9 speeding points he had at the time and within a few months was involved in non speeding accident in the car which resulted in his and a third partys car being extensively repaired through his insurance. He paid his £150 excess, both cars were fixed and his LV insurance renewal the following year was cheaper than the first years.

If they, in your opinion, do everything possible way to avoid paying out then I think you should be insured with LV in the future.
            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
            Take a pride in your ride
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

What coilovers? It's standard height officer, just a special edition

Comment

You don't know how good your insurance company is until you have to make a claim

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
                  What coilovers? It's standard height officer, just a special edition
                  Wouldn't be the rozzers u would have to worry bout it- they wouldn't notice.... to worried bout getting made redundant
                  Its if you have a smash, and an insurance assessor looks at the vehicle
                  They will notice it as its their job, and then they may reject your claim which could lead to all sorts trouble... especially if there are injuries etc etc
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

just been quoted £80 additional for coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Jabber View Post
                      just been quoted £80 additional for coilovers
                      Don't sound to bad- is that for a year, or reminder of you term of insurance?
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

full year addition have searched around have got same policy with mods for same as my previous premium so will move companys

Comment

Extremely rare for me to stay with the same company for more than 2 years
                          Used to be change companies every year, but with a few mods it gets more tedious to track decent deals down

After a "no other vehicle" involved claim earlier this year, my renewal went up loads.
                          Changed companies and it went down below what the original insurers, original policy cost was, before the incident that was claimed for.

In the past Ive had quotes for £2k, and ended up getting bona fide insurance (Wouldn't tell fibs to insurers) for about £350.
                          Some insurers don't wanna know- they want straight forward, no issue drivers they can increase by %10 every year without bother

Upgrade to business use, if you ever use your care to get to/from work, or use it at work. %80 of companies charge no extra for this.

Another tip- never have d/debit auto renewal. Recipe to loose money by the bucket load
                          Another (I'm full of them today lol) - Enter accurate details into something like GoCompare.. you will be surprised how cheap some policies come back
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Ive recently renewed my insurance and its fair to say i was extremely suprised how many companies will not touch a modified car!

Ive just ended up paying £860 for TPTF!! Cheapest quote i got comprehensive was £2000 and thats more than my car is currently worth!

Obviously my car has more than just coilovers. But insurance is a joke these days ^.^
                            Roxie the GT - Progress Thread
                            Instagram: @iamjokeri
                            Facebook: Sean Kidd

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                              Re-map costs me about £25 year extra these days on a policy which is already cheap.

JB
                              inwas quoted £200 extra for a remap, I just don't understand insurance companies

Comment

Working...
                              X