Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hid fitting?

Hi everyone!!!!!

I'm going to be start installing my 6k hid kit today.
    Where is the best place to put the ballasts?

Thanks in advance

I attached them to the pastic U-shape on the headlight unit using tie wraps.

Comment

Originally posted by FLP View Post
      I attached them to the pastic U-shape on the headlight unit using tie wraps.
      Me too.
      When you make holes in the standard rubber cover for the rubber seal on the cables for the HID lamp, donīt forget to put some silicone sealant on this because when u wash the car, or in heavy rain, the water leaks in betwen the bonnet and the front/fender.

Comment

Cheers for the advice!!!
        Is the headlights removed easily?

Comment

hid fitting?

Yeah really easy about a 5 minute job for each headlight. 3 bolts on each Headlight . The problem is getting the bumper off 6 plastic rivets and 4 bolts . 2 bolts on bottom of wing to bumper on each Side Took me over 4hrs to change my headlights to the new style led ones. About 3 half hrs where on the 2 bolts Each side very limited access to them
          Last edited by MARK.A; 23-12-2014, 20:35.
          http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
          2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
          DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

I assume OP just has a kit (bulbs) not a complete set of headlights, so he doesn't need to remove the bumper..

Comment

Working...
            X