off side wiper arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off side wiper arm

having a night mare with the off side wiper leaving marks in the middle of the screen right on the path where the blade fits the arm, the arm might be bent ?? so looking for a replacement arm dose any other model/ make fit ?? just to try

Have you tried the cleaning a lot with vinegar thing?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

yes tried all that had about 4 types of screen wash in must be the arm ?? but don't want to buy a new one if I can find one that also fits from the breakers !!

Comment

My advice would be get Halfords to fit one and retain the receipt for the 12 month guarantee
        Good money after bad for a second hand breakers one

Hopefully the screens not scratched (Happened to me on another motor)

Purely my opinion obvs :-)
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Have you checked to make sure the blade itself is not damaged? They are easily damaged if not gently lifted back onto the screen during cleaning or pulled off the screen when frozen. Would have thought it is more likely to be the blade damaged than the wiper arm

Comment

Make sure that the arm is pivoting freely - if it isn't, it may not be applying enough force to ensure that the blade is pressing down firmly enough on the screen. A drop of oil on the pivots every year or so is a good way to ensure proper operation of the wipers.

Comment

Brought up with blue peter as a lad so had a go with the wiper arm again today and now its sorted was pushing down too hard on the windscreen found this out by covering the screen in talc !! then setting the wipers going and looking where the pressure was, bent the arm up to take some pressure off and I worked 100% seems odd that too much pressure was lifting the blade in the middle but worked for me got a funny look when I took it to be washed !!
              Thanks for all the tips etc happy now its sorted

Comment

Working...
              X