hid conversion kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hid conversion kit

howsit guys i just picked up a hid kit and was wondering if anyone has any experience in fitting them? did you have to change the fuse out for a larger one? was there any issues with the drl's ? or auto lights?
    all help much appreciated
    thanks

I´ve had HID:s for a while now, just took them out yesterday and put in standard halogens Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited.
    The issue was not fitting them, very easy, nor any problems whatsoever with the funktion, but, i could never get a proper bright picture, although i used bulbs whit adjustable function.
    The halogens doesn't leave near the amount of light that the HID:s of course, but i am no longer flashed by everyone i meet.
    Instead i have plans to by me a new DS3 with the HID/leds

Comment

I've heard a bit about Nightbreakers. Thinking of looking into them.
      Aka:
      Alex

:ds3:
      Blue Phoenix
      DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

thanks for the info i actually have night breakers in atm and just wanted to give hids a glow , roads a terrible here so brighter lights would be helpful.
        so you didnt have to switchout the fuse for 20amp one?

Comment

Originally posted by av8tor1990 View Post
          thanks for the info i actually have night breakers in atm and just wanted to give hids a glow , roads a terrible here so brighter lights would be helpful.
          so you didnt have to switchout the fuse for 20amp one?
          No, no fuse switching needed.
          I would suggest you go for bulbs with 4300K, i have both 4300K and 6000K, and the 4300 give you a much better light in the winter with wet and dark roads.
          I only use the 6000K in the summer, much whiter and cooler light but less lumen.

Comment

ive got 8000k and 6000k ill test both out
            thanks bud ill fit them tomorrow

Comment

I know there is a thread somewhere you with photos attached with some different bulbs. Might help ya out
              Aka:
              Alex

:ds3:
              Blue Phoenix
              DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

cant seem to find it lol

Comment

hids in and working had to swap out to 20 amp fusses for dipped beam 8000k looks amazing

Comment

Working...
                  X